Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corner of Ipad screen cracked, and app updates stuck in 'waiting'

Options
  • 26-10-2012 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

I had my iPad 2 in it's full case, but sadly the screen cover was folded around the back when I dropped it on a tile floor :( it fell out of my hands and landed on the screen, but it must have landed on the corner, as it is only the corner that's cracked.
    Got the iPad for Christmas last year so I take it that it would still be in warranty? Doubtful anything would be done since it as my own fault, but should I be able to get it fixed cheap enough since it is only the glass corner cracked and not right over the digital screen?

Also, for the last week or two, any of the apps on it I've tried updating are just stuck in 'waiting'. I can't delete any of the updating apps as it won't let me, so thinking of just reseting it?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

Doesn't matter where its broke, the whole screen needs to be replaced

For the apps not updating, tap each one and it should change to waiting, tap again and it will change to loading and start installing. If that doesn't work try rebooting it by holding the power and home button until the apple appears on screen

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Denis322

Think I'll need to reboot it. As for the screen, I was just wondering if it would only need the glass replacing as I heard they usually have to replace the actual digital screen itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

not 100% sure but i think its a complete unit on the ipad, the glass and digitizer are fused together

You're probably right, apple seem to like making everything near impossible to take apart :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭bop1977

Try syncing with your pc and updating the apps on your pc. That should take care of the apps not updating.

• Advertisement

Restored the iPad and everything was synced back on, working grand now. Still annoyed over the screen though :/

Advertisement