Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mapping out the Three(3) Signal in Clare

Options
  • 26-10-2012 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

Just thought i'd throw this up to share with Clare people on checking out the mobile signal in Clare(supports the main networks) if you want to change network. unfortunately its only for android customers to download the moment and all the mapping has to be done by the likes of me and you. To which i am only covering the 3(Three) reception(as much as possible)

I downloaded an app from the Google Play store. The app is called Sensorly. It’s an app that uses your mobile signal to track and map out a snail like pattern on their map which can be found either on your smartphone device through the app or on their website sensorly.com. It’s a handy app if you want to know what the reception is like in your area. Some of the map has been mapped by others anyone may map out, the more the better on any network im only doing 3 ireland

Starting on Monday 22nd October 2012 I took the app out for a spin to see how it worked below is a day by day account of the trips ive made to map it out

Day 1 (Monday)
    Starting in Clarecastle – Ennis – Tiermaclane – Clarecastle

Day 2 (Tuesday) 23rd October 2012
    Clarecastle – Ennis(Lehinch Rd)/ Clarecastle – Shannon

Day 3 (Thursday) 25th October 2012
    Clarecastle – Ennis – Quin – Killmurry - Sixmilebridge – Shannon – Clarecastle/ Clarecastle – Limerick(West) - Limerick City(East) - Clarecastle

Day 4 (Friday) 26th October 2012
    Clarecastle (Village) – Lissan west – Drumquin – Ballynacally – Kildysert – Lissycasey (Via Ballynacally) – Ballyea – Clarecastle

I've started a bit of a blog on it. which can be found here if you want to follow(Im no good with blogs just letting you know :pac: ) I have added photo's for it and hope to add more the more travelling ive done. Think its a good way to let people know what the signal is like in Clare. And of course the more people that use the app the more reception snail trails appear. :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Fair play to you for your work Jhcx, I would recommend bringing this to the Three Reps in the Talk To Forum as well as having a link to your blog in your signature.

If you want to advertise your blog on boards you can also contact hello@boards.ie for rates.

I don't see any point in leaving this open as there isn't much discussion that can happen around it I don't think, if yuo want to discuss the app, you can go to the App Discussion forums, if you want to discuss Three you can speak to them, if you want to discuss the Ops work you can PM them :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement