Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xzibit - Napalm

Options
  • 26-10-2012 6:42pm

Great album, like his older stuff, I only post occasionally here but would be interested in your opinions. It's a breath of fresh air but I'm suprised it hasn't got much notice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Great album, like his older stuff, I only post occasionally here but would be interested in your opinions. It's a breath of fresh air but I'm suprised it hasn't got much notice.

Few of the lads here have talked about and have nothing but good things to say, haven't heard it myself but I'll give it a listen over the next week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

excellent album, in contention for album of the year imo. Its personally my favourite so far, a lot of bangers blended excellently with more chill/real songs resulting in a great balance to it. Content wise X hits home, 1983 is quality.

excellent album, in contention for album of the year imo. Its personally my favourite so far, a lot of bangers blended excellently with more chill/real songs resulting in a great balance to it. Content wise X hits home, 1983 is quality.
    What's the line about eminem about? It is a great track btw

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What's the line about eminem about? It is a great track btw
    Heartbreak disappointment my mother died when I was 9 I just wanted to join her
    *Nah* Mister Joiner you get to California
    I got something for you to do is like I was anointed
    Resurrected ,find my purpose I remember meeting Dre
    Being nervous when I would kick my verses
    I was virtually worthless my whole life was a circus
    I was sleeping with serpents and I thought they was worth it
    I got a call from Paul told me **** wasn't working
    Exchanged words I told him tell me that **** in person
    He probably told EM (eminem) and by the way that he said
    Unapologetic, twisted made it about him
    I seen Slim and he said he didn't recognize me
    Was it that or did he let another man defy me
    I don't know but now I gotta get this all behind me
    Follow my calling when I used to follow niggas blindly

also on the same song xzibit looks to talk about what can only be reffered to his time on pimp my ride. Great album from start to finish, it wont get the credit it deserves simply due to the fact xzibit hasnt really got a big of a commercial present as he use too plus gangsta hip hop is on the decline and has been replaced by pop music disguised as hip hop , thanks young money.
    Had to slow 'em down wait a minute what we running from
    This what we supposed to do here's what we supposed to be
    I hated MTV for tryin' to play me like a mockery
    But that don't bother me I just fulfilled my ****ing contract
    It's more points to page just to get your piece of your mind back
    Backfire, assassination of my character
    Just to make some millions off America

IMO its album of the year by a west coast veteran, the timing of its release is bad though because its going to have its limelight stole by a west coast rookie in lamar with his debut... but naplam in truth wipes the floor with GKMC.

Another great track.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

thanks young money.

Happened before them.

• Advertisement

Happened before them.

They multiplied it times 100, niki Minaj etc but I suppose the likes of kanye had a huge hand to play with that auto tune rubbish too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

They multiplied it times 100, niki Minaj etc but I suppose the likes of kanye had a huge hand to play with that auto tune rubbish too.

I agree they multiplied it (like their money) as did Kanye, but it was happening long before either of them.

I agree they multiplied it (like their money) as did Kanye, but it was happening long before either of them.

Money has nothing to do with It music isn't selling like it use too. It wasn't happening to the extent that dance and pop music were deemed hip hop. Whatever about having one or two radio friendly tracks to promote an album, these guys are putting out dance music with 0 substance behind them.

You only have to look at the charts to know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Can't take this out of my car, absolute class! I'm trying to make a new mix cd and deciding what Napalm tracks to use. I want only 4 or 5 but could easily put the whole album on bar 2 or 3 tracks.

Xzibit probably lost a lot of credibility over the pimp my ride stuff but he really deserves a lot of respect for this.

I don't think this album will get the credit it deserves tbh. its a great comeback album a lot better than dmx's comeback and has a small bit of an edge IMO over nas's album.

The production is insanely good, such a balance to the album.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I love this album. Listen to it at least once every day.

1983 is such an amazing song.

Has anyone tried counting the amount of silms that X references in his verse on "Movies"? I got to 44, or at least I think I did, before losing count.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

So X has beef with Em?

good album btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

yeah deadly album bangin it out here... needs playin louuud. Real West Coast feel.

So X has beef with Em?

good album btw

I wouldn't call it beef tbh man, X was just putting it out there , he didn't diss him.

@boombap... Have you gave this album a listen? Be interested to hear your opinion on it considering your GKMC opinion is similar to mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

yeah deadly album bangin it out here... needs playin louuud. Real West Coast feel.

Louis XIII is a serious banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ashamed to admit i havent listened to this album in full yet, gonna have to give it a listen if i'm having a quiet one tomorrow night, Xzibit is one of my favourite west coast rappers and i've loved what i've heard from it so i have high hopes :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

@boombap... Have you gave this album a listen? Be interested to hear your opinion on it considering your GKMC opinion is similar to mine.

Haven't listened to it yet, gave a quick skim through a few songs just to hear what type of beats where on it.

Advertisement