Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Half price on Movies/Sports for 3 Months

Options
  • 26-10-2012 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

I got a flyer through the post today. Sky Movies and Sports for €21.50 a month for three months. Thereafter increases to €43.00. Might be worth it to some folk to add this package over the holiday period.

Also used the opportunity to get my two (Thompson) HD boxes replaced for free.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I got a flyer through the post today. Sky Movies and Sports for €21.50 a month for three months. Thereafter increases to €43.00. Might be worth it to some folk to add this package over the holiday period.

Does it tie you to a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Is it the full sports package?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

I enquired about the on demand box and was told i would have to upgrade to HD to get it, with €15 per month HD subs. Declined

Told them about the flier, she told me i shouldnt have received one, told them my wife must have picked it up at the inlaws.

Was offered €26 per month for sports and movies.

Happy enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

You can cancel the sports/movies after the 3 month period. You need to give them 31 days. You do not have to commit to a contract thereafter.

The replacement HD boxes have tied me into a 12 month contract for those interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

redalan wrote: »
    Is it the full sports package?

Yes it also includes ESPN.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

mtdelany wrote: »
    I enquired about the on demand box and was told i would have to upgrade to HD to get it, with €15 per month HD subs. Declined

Told them about the flier, she told me i shouldnt have received one, told them my wife must have picked it up at the inlaws.

Was offered €26 per month for sports and movies.

Happy enough :)

Got the same deal myself. i assume I agreed to pay €26 extra in total for both of them not €26 each. Kinda forgot to ask that question i was so excited :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Jarjohn

Was just on to Sky about €21.50 offer. It is €21.50 extra on top of entertainment extra package just to clarify. Best he could offer was €57pm for 6 months for entertainment extra, sports and movies instead of 3 months. Took it in the end as was paying €45pm for half of movie package for past year. Suppose €12 extra aint bad for sports and other half of movies. Was on to irish rep and she put me on to Customer Service. Have direct number if anyone wants it

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi. Can you pm me the Irish reps no. Might have a better chance of a discount that going to uk number. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

Yes it also includes ESPN.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jashar99

Hi Jarjohn, could you please pm me number also, thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Hi john could you also pm me that number please? Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

Hi John, could you also forward the number on to me
    Regards
    Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭batistuta9

The replacement HD boxes have tied me into a 12 month contract for those interested.

would you need to be on/taking the HD pack to get a HD box from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

They charge you for changing back to your original package. Remember getting a big bill for the 3 month last year. So it mightn't be a great deal at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I'm getting the Sports package for an extra €17 a month for three months on top my basic. All I have to do is phone and cancel two months into the three month agreement. When the package goes off a month later, I'll phone up again and look for any similar deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Any chance I could get that number too thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

Luap wrote: »
    They charge you for changing back to your original package. Remember getting a big bill for the 3 month last year. So it mightn't be a great deal at all!

No they dont :confused:. I have upgraded to sports movies every year, and changed back after 3 or 6 months, and every year it has reconciled porperly.

If you upgrade to Sp/Mov they might charge you too much in the first month, but the last month will be much less, You might see that you upgraded for 6 months, they charged you too much in the first month and only charged you for 4 months after that (or similar)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

No they don't. Stop peddling lies.

Where do these flyers come from?

What number do I call to get the deal?

Hogzy wrote: »
    Where do these flyers come from?

What number do I call to get the deal?

they send them out to people who downgraded their package in the past i think, to try & get them to upgrade again

i got one yesterday too

0818 716 093

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    they send them out to people who downgraded their package in the past i think, to try & get them to upgrade again

i got one yesterday too

0818 716 093

I downgraded two months ago, surprised I didnt get the flyer. Might give them a call soon.
    Thanks

I downgraded two months ago, surprised I didnt get the flyer. Might give them a call soon.
    Thanks

don't worry you'll get the flyers, then some more flyers, then some vouchers that for every person you get to join they'll give you €50, then more flyers, etc. :pac:

Thanks

0818 719 819 i think is another number for them that people ring a lot, it's in one of these threads here about half price sky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

N17er wrote: »
    No they don't. Stop peddling lies.

Well thats the excuse I was told when I rang them about it. Was not reimbursed either.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Cancelled Sky 6 years ago and have never ever got a flyer of any sort off them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

batistuta9 wrote: »
    0818 719 819 i think is another number for them that people ring a lot, it's in one of these threads here about half price sky

AFAIK that no is for new customers, as 0818 719 500 is for existing customers, as last year i got a similar offer with one pkg for 3 mths & when i enquired i was told that if i added sports/movies i would get 6 mths, as they'll not tell you unless you ask.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭lertsnim

UPC have the ridiculous downgrade charge. Sky do not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭mcw92

I tried ringing and they said no its not on our account.

Did anyone who didnt get this letter get the deal when they rang up?

• Advertisement

i think it depends who you're speaking to regards getting the offers if you're not listed for them

some people say tell them you're going to leave/cancel a package & you'll get discount but that doesn't work all the time either

i rang up to cancel the sports pack - i actually wanted to & was going to anyway - they asked why, i said cost, but all they said to me was would i be interested in subbing to 1 of the channels instead of the whole pack

Advertisement