Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on mortgage application

Options
  • 26-10-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys, just look for some views on the following situation. me and my finance are planning in the next year to apply for a mortgage..

the details are

my finance already has a joint property with her dad which has a balance of €220k left, originally was €330k but they pay extra each month no missed payments etc.

my finance has savings of approximately €140k. Salary is €42,000 plus overtime.

here is the bad partof the situation me.

my salary is €30,000 approximately €5k in saving and i have a bad credit rating from one loan that was being paid back with GE money missed a 4 payments but paid it all back. this will not be removed until 2016.

what are the chances does anyone think of us getting a mortgage together for approximately €300k.

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi guys, just look for some views on the following situation. me and my finance are planning in the next year to apply for a mortgage..

the details are

my finance already has a joint property with her dad which has a balance of €220k left, originally was €330k but they pay extra each month no missed payments etc.

my finance has savings of approximately €140k. Salary is €42,000 plus overtime.

here is the bad partof the situation me.

my salary is €30,000 approximately €5k in saving and i have a bad credit rating from one loan that was being paid back with GE money missed a 4 payments but paid it all back. this will not be removed until 2016.

what are the chances does anyone think of us getting a mortgage together for approximately €300k.

thanks
    None until 2016 I would reckon. You need that record cleared.

Also are you looking for 300k on top of the 145 savings

And sorry for being pedantic, but it's fiance (assuming this is the person you are engaged to be married to)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭phormium

Not a hope I would say until your credit rating is clear, even then your fiancee is carrying a fairly hefty debt which will have to be factored in to your joint salary of 70k before future borrowings.

Does her father live in the property or is it rented?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭StillWaters

Is the house rented, and or are ye living in it? Is it in NE?
    Having a mark on your credit history does not necessarily mean a no. I think you are best going to a broker. On the buying in 2012 thread you might get recommendations. Good luck.

Advertisement