Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much does an erasmus cost?

Options
  • 26-10-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I'm thinking of going on an erasmus next year (JS) to Scotland. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost? Fees, living expenses, rent, etc. Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

You'd probably be better off directly researching the cost of living in the city you plan to study in as it quite obviously varies from country to country. The costs involved will essentially be the same ones that you would experience while living away from home. If you have no experience with this then you will probably look back on your year abroad as a formative experience. The grant should cover the cost of flights and other expenses incurred by moving. Going to Scotland will hardly break the bank though, especially since you could just get a ferry over with all your stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭openup

It won't cost you anymore than a year here. You get a grant which should help, but there are no extra fees or anything and I imagine, if anything, the cost of living in Scotland is slightly lower than here.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

While Scotland is generally cheaper than the rest of the UK, there are some pockets where it can still be quite expensive: Edinburgh, but also Aberdeen. Aber is the second-most expensive part of the UK after London, because of the oil money from the North Sea rigs, so I gather it's very expensive to be a student there. Where in Scotland are you thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

For a 9-month Erasmus to the UK, you would get a €2,253 grant this year. That's from the EU.

Advertisement