Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backup iTunes safely

Options
  • 26-10-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, I'm going to be upgrading my PC to windows 8 shortly (as soon as I get my upgrade details from that €15 offer). I use itunes as my main media player (I have an ipod so it's a necessary evil) and I have quite a lot of work put into ratings/playlists/album art/etc.

I know that the upgrade from 7 to 8 should be okay, but the only thing I want to ensure is that if I do have to roll back or something I can keep my itunes library intact.

My harddrive is partioned into 2, Windows is installed onto C, and my data is all on D drive, including all music and the itunes library files, will this be sufficient?

Thanking in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

dulpit wrote: »
    I have an ipod so it's a necessary evil

It is not. Programs like SharePod, Floola et al can manage your iPod just as well, furthermore, they work "portable" from the iPod, meaning you can copy music from any computer to your iPod, even if there's no iTunes installed.

If you still want to proceed, here's the Complete Guide to Backing Up your iTunes Library ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

be carefull on the upgrade , wait a while. There could be a bit of trouble for some users This is worth a read.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

bpb101 wrote: »
    be carefull on the upgrade , wait a while. There could be a bit of trouble for some users This is worth a read.

Upgraded fine, was a doddle actually (the worst part was I had it plugged in on a table far away from me, as we were watching a movie, so I had to get up a few times :pac:)

Itunes was not affected, so happy days there... And I would not trust a Linux user's perspective on Windows 8, sorry (they're biased against it from before they start it up)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

dulpit wrote: »
    Upgraded fine, was a doddle actually (the worst part was I had it plugged in on a table far away from me, as we were watching a movie, so I had to get up a few times :pac:)

Itunes was not affected, so happy days there... And I would not trust a Linux user's perspective on Windows 8, sorry (they're biased against it from before they start it up)
    Don't be sorry , of course he is.I use Linux myself , and to be so so bias and ill admit it . But just saying it could easily go wrong.Epically if there was a virus already on your machine.

Advertisement