Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late 2009 iMac SSD Optical Bay Upgrade

Options
  • 26-10-2012 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I got an e-mail from Apple yesterday saying that my iMac is affected by the Seagate hard drive issue and needs to be replaced ASAP. I've been in touch with an Apple Authorised Repair Centre who can carry this work out no problem but whom I've also asked if they can remove the optical drive and replace it with an SSD drive. They've told me that they can do the work but that I need to supply the SSD drive and the optical bay conversion kit for my specific iMac. The SSD I can figure out but the latter has me stumped!

TL;DR - Where do I get the correct optical bay conversion kit for my late 2009 27" 2.8GHz i& iMac?

Thanks folks!

Comments

Advertisement