Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly, my beauty

Options
  • 26-10-2012 11:42am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I self-published Where Chana Sings on Amazon today. I'd just gotten sick of tinkering with it and hadn't he energy or enthusiasm to try flogging it to disinterested publishers. It's funny, I finally feel like writing something new now I've pushed the bastard out the door. Something with a plot, this time...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Gryphonboy

Free? Yoink!

Looks interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Toasterspark

Self-promotion? I reporting this thread to the mods!

Well done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Leafonthewind

I'll post a review sometime next week. And I hope that it being free is an introductory offer, because it's worth more than that. I'd gladly pay for it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I tried to charge for it but for some reason Amazon has made it free for 90 days. Can't say I understand it but sure it's not like I'm counting on making money from it :)

Found the switch to make it not free. Sold my first ever book today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Found the switch to make it not free. Sold my first ever book today.

Too late, sucka, I got mine for free before the switch! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭tripper63

best feeling ever yeah? well done you :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm going to purchase once I'm back in wifi coverage.

Someone already claimed a refund :D

A refund?

• Advertisement

Yeah, apparently you can do that... Do they come around your house and forcefully remove it from your Kindle I wonder?

Yeah, apparently you can do that... Do they come around your house and forcefully remove it from your Kindle I wonder?
    I'd say it gets automagically removed when they sync with the kindle service.

Still, you have seven days to read any book you buy from Kindle and then return it for a refund. Sounds a bit too easy.

Well I won't be returning mine for a refund, but I will be giving you a review once I get through it and will buy it too.

Just to give you an idea of how important reviews are, since you posted your review, my book's kindle rank went from #450000 up to #299000. I don't know if this is directly attributable to the review, maybe some random people bought copies, but it's interesting to note.

Still, you have seven days to read any book you buy from Kindle and then return it for a refund. Sounds a bit too easy.
    Seriously? If you read fast enough you don't need to pay for ebooks ever?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

afk downloading all the ebooks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Antilles wrote: »
    Seriously? If you read fast enough you don't need to pay for ebooks ever?

It isn't about reading fast, it is about being organised and disciplined enough to not download until you are ready to start reading. Like all 'special offers' this one appeals to lots of people but will only be availed of by a few.
    Most of us have real books as well as e-books that we have never got around to reading.

Big Brother knows if you have read the book so if you make a habit of asking for refunds you might find your terms and conditions change.

Advertisement