Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay rates for TY student

Options
  • 25-10-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I am running a small dog grooming salon from a converted garage adjacent to my house. I am going to employ a TY student over the busy Christmas period. Would anyone be able to give me some guidance as to the type of rate I should be looking at for her?? Thanks for any guidance on this:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 iamback111

You don't even have to pay her if its for a work experience placement a lot of places don't especially in the times we're in but if its an actual job I would pay the student wages according to the minimum wages for under 18's http://www.citizensinformationboard.ie/publications/providers/booklets/entitlements_employmentrights/publications_entitlements_employmentrights7.html#9
    Since 1 July 2011 the National Minimum Wage Act provides the following sub-minimum rates, see also 'Rates' below:

An employee who is under 18 is entitled to €6.06 per hour (this is 70% of the minimum wage)
    An employee who is in the first year of employment since the age of 18 is entitled to €6.92 per hour (80% of minimum wage)
    An employee who is in the second year of employment since the date of first employment over the age of 18 is entitled to €7.79 per hour (90% of the minimum wage)
    This phasing in of the national minimum wage also applies to employees who are over 18 and enter employment for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Pay minimum wage at least, and by that I mean minimum wage for an adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Fad wrote: »
    Pay minimum wage at least, and by that I mean minimum wage for an adult.

And don't forget pension, vhi and educational assistance. But, yeah take on someone that couldn't possibly stay full time instead of paying someone else that could be developed into a full time assistant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

Ha ha ha ha ha! Pay! Ha ha ha ha ha!

/grumble

Advertisement