Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In play betting - question

Options
  • 25-10-2012 9:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭

guys I was listening to a Limerick hurling match on local radio during the summer & a goal was scored - but the odds on 'next goal' didn't change on the screen. So I put down my 5€ and won my 12. Can this be for real? Is there actually a time lag between a local event & the info filtering through to the likes of bet365? Would seem like a massive advantage to be sat in the stands with a laptop & being quick on the draw so to speak. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Wild_Dogger

Probably just a bookie paying slack attention to a match that there wasn't much betting on.

If the bookie suspect you of trying to 'out-tme' them , then they will restrict your betting done to little or nothing.

I bet you were wishing you put €500 down instead !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

hehe my balance was only €20:( - but if what you say is correct they would probly have refused to pay out anyway:pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

For €12 they wouldn't bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Because "live pictures" are 10 to 20 seconds late new opportunities have been discovered by some clever guys.They set up in a field beside a racecourse with laptops and field glasses making money by backing and laying in running,yhey get it right most of the time because they see things happening well before a lot of unsuspecting punters.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

No way are racing pics 10 to 20 secs late, max 3secs I would say,but that is enuf.just lay the crap out of falling horses before anyone sees them fall:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭linvoysblues

Football wise, it's rare that bookies are that far behind realtime. Especially bet365 who have nearly every football game known to man in-play. They use RunningBall which updates close to instantly on most matches, and for the small lag they have, they cover with a 10-second delay between placing your bet and it being confirmed.

Odd that you got away with that one, I would assume it was an oversight.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

hehe my balance was only €20

So why did you only bet €5

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Mellor wrote: »
    So why did you only bet €5

Just in case the goal was disallowed and there'd be no time to scratch the bet;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

The quickest pictures for football matches are from RTE!
    Can only be used for CL matches though.

Advertisement