Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Umarex (Ares) G36 ebb, Semi issue

Options
  • 25-10-2012 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

lads I have one of the above and it is firing full auto while in semi, Not really keyed into micro switches yet, So looking for any ideas of what the problem might be, The selector plate is not broken and moves correctly when the fire selector is moved and all parts/ springs seem to be installed correctly ( I think:rolleyes:) any ideas

Cheers
    Rgds
    J A P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

Is your trigger assembly a micro switch or the standard type (With the rider and return spring)? It could be your cut off lever, or the rider might not be seated properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

Hi Timoo it is a micro switch mate, I'm not familliar with them at all, If it was the old type of trigger switch I'd have it sorted by now ,Completely different set up to what I'm used to

Timooo_23 wrote: »
    Is your trigger assembly a micro switch or the standard type (With the rider and return spring)? It could be your cut off lever, or the rider might not be seated properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Timooo_23

Ahh. I see, well then sorry, Don't have much experience with them, not in airsoft guns anyway :) Best thing you could do is a continuity check on the two microswitch contacts, see if they're making a connection when pressed. If not, the internal contacts are probably fried.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭glicster

hi mate.if my memory serves me right(been a long time since i had mine open) but i dont think its the micro at fault.
    there should be a plastic bar(call it a push rod) that the trigger block catches and pushes across the micro to activate it and when in semi the cut off lever lifts this off the trigger block allowing it to be pulled back off the micro switch by the spring. so my guess would be that the contact point between these is wore a little.as for a replacement,good luck finding one.

the trigger is a difficult piece to work with on my ares with three moving parts to it(trigger,block and push rod),sound the same as yours? must mention though mines not blowback but i presume the trigger assembly would be the same.

you can prise open a micro switch and look inside to see how it works and even clean the contacts.its a very simple concept once you see it.

hope this helps a little

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Just a Plinker

Cheers mate I'll open it up and have a look

Rgds

glicster wrote: »
    hi mate.if my memory serves me right(been a long time since i had mine open) but i dont think its the micro at fault.
    there should be a plastic bar(call it a push rod) that the trigger block catches and pushes across the micro to activate it and when in semi the cut off lever lifts this off the trigger block allowing it to be pulled back off the micro switch by the spring. so my guess would be that the contact point between these is wore a little.as for a replacement,good luck finding one.

the trigger is a difficult piece to work with on my ares with three moving parts to it(trigger,block and push rod),sound the same as yours? must mention though mines not blowback but i presume the trigger assembly would be the same.

you can prise open a micro switch and look inside to see how it works and even clean the contacts.its a very simple concept once you see it.

hope this helps a little

• Advertisement
Advertisement