Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it allowed to dump one's leaves on a public street?

Options
  • 25-10-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

Where I live, there's a guy that every Autumn, as soon as his driveway gets covered by fallen leaves, he pushes them on the public road, forming a fairly thick pile of slippery leaves.
    To add to the danger, these leaves are piled up no more than five metres from a blind curve, on a fairly sloped (and always wet) road, which ends in a junction with R117. If one tries to brake on that stuff, he's guaranteed to go straight at the curve, while, in best case, if he gets stuck going uphill, he can forget to get any traction unless he reverses in the blind curve.

I wonder, is there anything that can be done to stop that guy once for all? Or is it allowed to do what he is doing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Littering. Contact the council litter warden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

Are the leaves from his garden or were they blown in from outside his property?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭daigo75

Payton wrote: »
    Are the leaves from his garden or were they blown in from outside his property?

They are from trees in his driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭Payton

I had an issue a number of yrs ago with where I live right beside a park and dreaded this time of year and I contacted the local council regarding the leaves being blown into my garden from council trees roughly 6 black bags of leaves. Because they weren't from my property all I had to do was bag them up and ring the council and they would collect them foc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

daigo75 wrote: »
    Where I live, there's a guy that every Autumn, as soon as his driveway gets covered by fallen leaves, he pushes them on the public road, forming a fairly thick pile of slippery leaves.
    To add to the danger, these leaves are piled up no more than five metres from a blind curve, on a fairly sloped (and always wet) road, which ends in a junction with R117. If one tries to brake on that stuff, he's guaranteed to go straight at the curve, while, in best case, if he gets stuck going uphill, he can forget to get any traction unless he reverses in the blind curve.

I wonder, is there anything that can be done to stop that guy once for all? Or is it allowed to do what he is doing?

Video record him doing it and show the video to the guards. there are various offences besides litter. Causing a public nuisance, interfering with road users etc. After a visit from the peelers he won't be doing it again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Agree with M and H.

further if there is an accident due to presence of the leaves, he may be joined in any proceedings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

leave blow into my garden from trees on roadside. I sweep them up and put them in my bin. What's wrong with some people that they just can't do the decent thing:mad:

Advertisement