Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safari not loading icons

Options
  • 25-10-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

Hi,

The other day I noticed that Safari will not load the icons in Gmail. I just see small blue boxes with a question mark. I've googled the issue but haven't had any luck.

On the same Macbook Air Gmail will load correctly in FireFox and Chrome.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Ferrakins

this is happening to me as well, and on my sisters mac, i was getting paro thinking it was to do with ad block plus or on software procured from outside the app store.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Was about to open up a thread. It's something to do with Google services and Safari. Gmail has the same issue as you posted. But Google+ doesn't load at all. And YouTube is all over the place. I tried it in Chrome and all works perfect.

Have the latest version of OS X and Safari. No updates recently so it seems to be on Googles behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

I also have this problem with Gmail, i think it only started to happen after the last Apple update which removed Java, and because i need Java running i manually installed it.

I have tried removing Java and it doesn't fix the problem i have also tried deleting the browser caches etc... with no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

There's a thread about this issue going on on the Apple discussion forms. It seems that the majority of people being affected are in Dublin.

TL;DR

Google updated their certificates recently, Safari doesn't like them. Hopefully Google will sort this out ASAP.
    Some people have had luck by using a different internet connection? No luck for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I don't use webmail, but I am experiencing a similar problem with Google Images at the moment.

225965.png

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it related to the Gmail issue?

• Advertisement

I don't use webmail, but I am experiencing a similar problem with Google Images at the moment.

225965.png

It's all Google services. Well most. I've experienced it with YouTube, Google+ and Gmail. Haven't tried any others though. But Google itself works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Mine is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Athena14

I haven't got any of the icons either - missing on google maps and my gmail (TCD mail). It's so annoying and only seems to happen on safari (it works fine on firefox and IE). Anyone got any idea how to fix it?

Still no fix here either. I'm just making do for the time being until Google fix it. Anyway to report the problem direct to Google? Like the way you can with Apple? That way a few can send it on and hopefully push them on a fix.

Most websites load, but badly, for me. Google+ and Analytics don't at all. But don't use them regularly anyway and the G+ app still works fine. Mainly YouTube is the problem. The layout is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Is this only effecting the newer OSX like Lion and Mountain Lion ? I'm on 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.7 and have none of the problems mentioned here ?! Does changing the user agent in the Develop Menu help in any way ?

Ken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 fowlersleftpeg

Im experiencing the same issue and using MacBook Air and most up to date Mountain Lion OS and Safari. Giving me issues on secure sites that i use that access google maps based software also. Pain in the ass as I need to export data for some customer updates

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Youtube is totally unusable for me. Can't login or nothing. Videos won't play as HTML5 instead insisting that I install Flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Looks like Google have fixed the issues.

Everything but YouTube is working for me now. YouTube is still all over the place. Can't access trending videos or anything. Just my subscription feed.

Advertisement