Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Parking DSPS grace period

Options
  • 25-10-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello All,
    I've often had people telling me when parking time runs out on DSPS street parking that you have a certain amount of grace time to renew your parking. I've been told its 15 minutes, but I haven't been able to find it stated anywhere. Does anyone know if this is true? or is it fair game for clamping when the time has run out?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

kopp wrote: »
    Hello All,
    I've often had people telling me when parking time runs out on DSPS street parking that you have a certain amount of grace time to renew your parking. I've been told its 15 minutes, but I haven't been able to find it stated anywhere. Does anyone know if this is true? or is it fair game for clamping when the time has run out?

Cheers

Did you contact them to find out what their position is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

kopp wrote: »
    Hello All,

Cheers
    Dont go by the "grace period" as some clampers would clamp you once they see the time run out and some would come back later and check so dont take the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It's a grace period, not a right.

There is a sliding scale - nuisance parking (bus lane / stop, wheelchair space, taxi rank, loading bay) will get immediate enforcement, whereas simple non-payment might get 5-10 minutes. Note however that one team might go along a street, check for tickets that have expired / are about to expire and another team might come along after that. So the first thing that you might notice is enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kopp

That's exactly what I thought Hill Billy and Victor. Thank you for your opinions. Much appreciated

Advertisement