Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obnoxious vapes

Options
  • 25-10-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭

Anyone come across any obnoxious capes? or had anyone complain about it. I'm talking smells and amount of vapour exhaled using whatever juice or device output by ourselves or another vaper, or someone complaining about yourself or another vaper.

I'm still a bit self conscious about the juice I vape especially in work sitting at my desk. I've decided to not vape any strong smelling juice like Cubana from t-juice as I imagine someone would complain about it to hr or a manager thus ending vaping at my desk. So I vape nice smelling and light juices like blathnat or lugh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

My misses get annoyed by the air draw on my tank, I now have to drip or use a viv nova in the evening time for a quiet vape :(

I have had to stop vaping swedish fish in work, my colleagues love it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

krissovo wrote: »
    My misses get annoyed by the air draw on my tank, I now have to drip or use a viv nova in the evening time for a quiet vape :(
    That's a strange one, you would think ppl would be glad your not smoking fags and put up with a small bit of noise.

My Mrs could never complain about my gear being noisy, as I recorded her one night snorring, and she can crack the foundations of the house with the racket she makes :mad:

The only think my Mrs complains about my vaping is, I am constantly at it, suppose she's right do tend to chain vape most of the time.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My missus used to HATE me smoking, so she doesn't really care that i'm chain vaping most of the time, and most of the time, she comments on how nice some of the vapour smells, mainly Grants Vanilla Custard, or any coffee flavor vapes.

In work, no one really minds, accept when it's tobacco flavor juices....

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

For me the ones i have come across that people dislike are Vampires Kiss, apparently sickeningly sweet. I think my girlfriend would throw me in the river if i ever vaped that in her car again. Dr. Pepper is another one (the dekang one, i think its stuffed with cloves to be honest, but i love it).

Although at work nobody has ever been bothered. But the office is quite open. Although at home its the same as well, only ever in the car, others have said that the vapour doesnt bother them in the slightest in open areas. But then they wouldnt be niggly about it i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

My girlfriend hates me vaping Swedish Fish around her.
    Sickly sweet, she says, mowing through her second Capri-Sun of the evening. Hmm.

She's not a fan of Virginia Prime either. :(
    Wouldn't stop me though, she comes back from work reeking of fresh cig-smoke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Halo CaptainJack, not let vape that in the house car or garden. It's a nice juice to vape but coming back into a room that I vaped in, I agree it's a tad ripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Not even in the garden?!? You live in a bio-dome?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

SWMBO says it drifts in the window, I have to go into the vegi garden to vape it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

I got a Dekang Mango flavour thinking it would be nice - worst smell EVER and tasted disgusting. The apt smelt like rotten vegetables afterwards and took 2 days to get rid of the smell *puke* ... The GF was looking all over the kitchen for something gone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

Sometimes a juice that has virtually no smell from the bottle can leave a strongish after smell when vaped and vice versa Other juices that taste strong when vaped leave virtually no smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

My Girlfriend HATES the smell of e cigs. When I got addicted to them, she took a pull, nearly vomited saying she got a taste she remembers from going to discos years ago (obviously the fake fog stuff). She can't stand being around me when vaping. I have to put up with her comming in from the garden smelling of the fags though, so she can feck off :p

Advertisement