Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kettle stopped boiling

Options
  • 25-10-2012 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

hey

we moved into our place two months ago and the landlord provided a new kettle.

The kettle yesterday stopped boiling mid boil. The switch was still down but the light had gone out. if I keep clicking it up and down it eventually will boil but its getting harder to do. Is there anything I can do to fix it or just give up and buy a new one?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

does it need descaling?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

Hi brightspark, I don't think it does as the element inside looks perfect with no limescale that I can see!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Ask the LL for a replacement.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 208 ✭✭daver123

aujopimur wrote: »
    Ask the LL for a replacement.

Why does LL have to provide replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

As you were provided with a kettle when you moved in, as such he should continue to do so.
    Unless it broke thru' negligence, it will be replaced under warranty as it's only 2 mths old.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

hey

I think we will just get a new one. The LL has been so good to us when we moved in; got us a new double bed, kettle, toaster and oven so I think I won't bother asking him and just get a new one ourselves.

If he's calls over in the mean time I can just let him know. It is a bit weird that it died so quickly though-thought it may be a fuse we could fix.

Just keep the receipt, he may reimburse you the cost of the replacement.

Advertisement