Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drug/Alcohol Rehab treatments???

Options
  • 24-10-2012 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct forum here but anyway.

I've had problems with alcohol and cocaine, I've been clean nearly 3 weeks now but my doctor still suggests I should go into some sort of residential treatment, which I'm open to but a lot of them are very expensive. You can pay up to 20 grand for 6 weeks in some places.

I know there's free/cheaper solutions out there somewhere but I don't know the names of them. I'm living in Dublin Sth.

Can anybody throw out some names of places for me please

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Only seen this now, I see you location is Dublin. You can avail of treatment for free by contact your local HSE Addiction Services Centre, ask to speak to one of the counsellors and you can take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You should get a new hobby too, something that you will really enjoy and distance yourself from those around you who are doing the same things. I speak from experience it can be hard at the start but once you get out of the habit you will never look back. But you need something to occupy your time.:)
    I also lost a close childhood friend to the same thing don't let it get that far.:(

Advertisement