Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro's on ebay

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

rodge123 wrote: »
    Does these price include Irish VAT?

Most certainly not, it's a UK seller. Why would they include Irish VAT in their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭rodge123

Torqay wrote: »
    Most certainly not, it's a UK seller. Why would they include Irish VAT in their prices.

I figured eBay's application may automatically adjust the displayed price based on users country to include the countries vat rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

rodge123 wrote: »
    I figured eBay's application may automatically adjust the displayed price based on users country to include the countries vat rate.

Unless I am mistaken, if you buy from the UK, you do not need to pay Irish VAT - as you should only pay in the country were you bought. This is applicable to EU (and possibly EEA) member countries

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

deravarra wrote: »

Unless I am mistaken, if you buy from the UK, you do not need to pay Irish VAT - as you should only pay in the country were you bought. This is applicable to EU (and possibly EEA) member countries

It depends on how much business you do with other EU countries. Within the EU any business that exports more than 20,000 worth of goods into another country must charge that countries local rate of VAT on a transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭deravarra

marco_polo wrote: »
    It depends on how much business you do with other EU countries. Within the EU any business that exports more than 20,000 worth of goods into another country must charge that countries local rate of VAT on a transaction.

didnt know that! i suppose you learn something new every day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 conhoulihan

be careful with macrepair.ie

still scamming people

look at these threads on here

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

be careful with macrepair.ie

still scamming people

look at these threads on here

you made those threads

• Registered Users Posts: 5 conhoulihan

no i found them when i went to research them
    i have had my mac broken by them when i sent in for recent repair
    i could not post the url so just search macrepair.ie and you find them yourself.

thanks

Advertisement