Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 4GB

Options
  • 24-10-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm looking into buying an xbox to be able to take with me to college. I'd be using it to play online, in both COD and Fifa 13.
    I'm just wondering, is 4GB enough memory to hold the various updates that usually become available?
    I'll have the games on disks so they won't be taking up space.
    Any feedback will be appreciated!
    Thanks!
    :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Whatever you do, do not get the 4GB model. get the 250GB version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

You need 250GB to store update files for COD and Fifa? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Stemanic

You could get the 4GB Xbox and an 8GB USB which you can store your profiles and updates on. But I totally agree with the guys.... Get the 250GB HDD version if you can.

I don't know much about the xbox but would really like to know why so much storage is needed for only 2 games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

tuxy wrote: »
    I don't know much about the xbox but would really like to know why so much storage is needed for only 2 games?
    I'd say that it's more to future proof your machine.

If you want to buy Map packs for CoD, they could come in at ~1GB per download and there are a few map packs each 'season'. That way if you spend the extra couple of bob at the start for the machine (usually only ~€50 extra or so, sometimes better with a good offer), it'll save you getting frustrated and having to shell out over €150 later for the Hard Drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 UpTheLads

Thanks for the replies lads! Wouldn't be worrying about map packs in COD so they won't be taking any space! Just think the 4GB is the better option for me, especially cost wise!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Get the 250GB if you can. Some games don't work correctly online with the 4GB Model, when Halo Reach came out we discovered my housemate couldn't play co-op for example, and the 250GB isn't much more expensive if you shop around.

I think the op is one of these people that does not really like games but plays fifa and cod. I know lots of people like this.
    Are you still sure the 250gb is needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

While op says he will only be playing two games, there's a chance he'll come across other games he may like, especially living with others, take battlefield 3 for example, the biggest rival to COD needs a HDD just to allow you to play the game in HD, the 4gb is not recognised as a disk drive but as removable storage. With map packs etc, the game is taking up close to 20gb on my Xbox alone, go for the 250 or a 120 pre owned, you'll regret buying the 4gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Gotta go with the 250

demos are about 1gb each and add ons and downloads and all sorts make the

although, if you just play fifa and cod offline you might be ok

• Advertisement

What's the difference in price between the 2?
    It seems that hard drives can be bought cheap

http://www.amazon.co.uk/320GB-Internal-Slim-Hard-Drive/dp/B005UTBPFU/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1351746909&sr=1-1

So you could get that at a later stage if you change your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

What's the difference in price between the 2?
    It seems that hard drives can be bought cheap

http://www.amazon.co.uk/320GB-Internal-Slim-Hard-Drive/dp/B005UTBPFU/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1351746909&sr=1-1

So you could get that at a later stage if you change your mind.
    Its a knock off hard drive that one.

Meesared wrote: »
    Its a knock off hard drive that one.

It's not. It doesn't pretend to be an official drive.
    It does the same job as a drive costing much more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

It's not. It doesn't pretend to be an official drive.
    It does the same job as a drive costing much more.
    Its still a knock off, and usually they are more failure prone, and they wont play Original Xbox games 90% of the time, so no they don't do the same job

Advertisement