Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Btea & Work

Options
  • 24-10-2012 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

hi

I just got awarded btea last week and hoping to go looking for work. I asked 2 different people in the welfare office if I was allowed to work while claiming btea, one said yes you can work as many hours as you like and other person said yes but the hours would be limited and could result in losing btea. So does anyone know what I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Its not means tested so you can work away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sava7

you can work and it wont affect btea but in summer you return to jobseekers so will be signing off to work

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭eleven

Hi OP,

I worked part time while on BTEA last year. I was told, as was a co worker who was also on BTEA that we could work to a max of 20 hours per week - they are now syncing the PRSI records with the social records and this is how they know if you go over the 20. Make sure it makes sense for you though. I did get a letter saying I was no longer eligible for rent allowance as I was earning more than the cut off, and working 20 hours a week is tough going when you're trying to get college work done!

Advertisement