Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus 25% Discount Code (Book by Oct 30)

Options
  • 24-10-2012 8:43pm
    Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭

Use the following discount code to get 25% off selected Dublin & Cork Aer Lingus flights (see below), courtesy of Meteor Goodies: 25METARNCPH

Dublin to: Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bordeaux, Venice, Verona, Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Milan (Linate and Malpensa), Warsaw, Faro, Manchester, Birmingham.

Cork to: Amsterdam, Brussels, Malaga

Discount code must be used by Tuesday October 30th, for travel between November 1st and March 31st.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

its nearer 10-15% but thanks. will deffo use it

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

its nearer 10-15% but thanks. will deffo use it

No it's 25%. The discount only applies to the initial fare (excl. taxes etc).

i got €5 on €48 fare to venice before tax.

i got €5 on €48 fare to venice before tax.

The fare you're shown for each date is the total fare (incl. taxes with discount applied). When you select an outbound and return fare, you'll see the breakdown of the total fare on the right and you'll see the discount is applied to the p.p fare. So a €19.99 fare excl. taxes etc will give €4.99 discount.

I've tried Venice there on several dates, and I'm getting 25% discount each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭cena

None for the states. Where do ye find these codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Need a PIN Number :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭omega666

cena wrote: »
    None for the states. Where do ye find these codes

It a meteor goodies code.

Where do I get a PIn number from to use the vouchers, the AL website asks me for PIN alongside where you enter the voucher.?

Turbine wrote: »
    The fare you're shown for each date is the total fare (incl. taxes with discount applied). When you select an outbound and return fare, you'll see the breakdown of the total fare on the right and you'll see the discount is applied to the p.p fare. So a €19.99 fare excl. taxes etc will give €4.99 discount.

I've tried Venice there on several dates, and I'm getting 25% discount each time.
    erm not for me?

on a 49.99 fare each way it gave me a €5 discount. then the total fare was €230 for two people and it have me a grand total of €25 off.

12%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

erm not for me?

on a 49.99 fare each way it gave me a €5 discount. then the total fare was €230 for two people and it have me a grand total of €25 off.

It's 25% off the fare, not off the total fare - which comprises taxes & fees etc.

For example, Dublin to Venice 22nd-29th Jan
    Departing EUR 50.99
    1 Adult 1 x 50.99
    Fare p.p. 19.99
    Taxes & Charges 36.00
    Discount p.p -5.00

Returning EUR 44.99
    1 Adult 1 x 44.99
    Fare p.p. 19.99
    Taxes & Charges 30.00
    Discount p.p -5.00
    Admin fee
    EUR 12.00
    Fare Total EUR 107.98
    Saved EUR 10.00 Promo Code: 25METARNCPH

• Advertisement

Sorry can I disturb your private thread here and ask where I get a PIN from?:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

vicwatson wrote: »
    Sorry can I disturb your private thread here and ask where I get a PIN from?:D:D

What browser are you using vic?

In Chrome, tick the promo box & enter the code 25METARNCPH.

No PIN required.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    What browser are you using vic?

In Chrome, tick the promo box & enter the code 25METARNCPH.

No PIN required.

Cheers Firefox. It asks to enter the code on the left and the PIN on the right, wouldn't let me carry through

Please review the following item(s): Please enter Voucher Number and PIN.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

vicwatson wrote: »
    Cheers Firefox. It asks to enter the code on the left and the PIN on the right, wouldn't let me carry through

Please review the following item(s): Please enter Voucher Number and PIN.

That's the wrong section. On the Home Page, where you are selecting the airports, dates and no of people, tick the "Promo" box and enter the code.

The voucher number section is for Aer Lingus gift vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

This only available from Dublin, or can you get a flight to Dublin using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Tusky wrote: »
    This only available from Dublin, or can you get a flight to Dublin using it?

I believe its only from Dublin as per the description.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

Super.
    I saved 2.50 each way for a fiver total.
    Every little helps. :p

Cork to Amsterdam, so above post is wrong. Enter the code on the index when you select your dates at first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

just a con imo, i cannot understand how ryanair can have no taxes on a flight to manchester but yet its 40 for aer lingus they pluck these figure out of the air because they are never the same.
    so the big 25% saving amounts 2.5% of the total cost ( yes yes i know it said 25% on the fare excluding taxes,but i would bet that if they offered 25% off the taxes then the fare would be 29.99 and the taxes would be a fiver)

Flights
    DUB

MAN
    Fri, Dec 07, 2012
    Operated By AER LINGUS
    MAN

DUB
    Mon, Dec 10, 2012
    Operated By AER LINGUS
    Fare Summary
    Departing EUR 33.74
    1 Adult 1 x 33.74
    Fare p.p. 5.00
    Taxes & Charges 29.99
    Discount p.p -1.25
    Returning EUR 44.99
    1 Adult 1 x 44.99
    Fare p.p. 3.99
    Taxes & Charges 42.00
    Discount p.p -1.00
    Admin fee
    EUR 12.00
    Fare Total EUR 90.73
    Saved EUR 2.25 Promo Code: 25METARNCPH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

plus for an early out and late return on the above dates its 109.48 for aer lingus and 29.98 for ryanair
    btw i hate ryanair and i have always used aer lingus to fly to manchester / UK ? amsterdam etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭Nollog

plus for an early out and late return on the above dates its 109.48 for aer lingus and 29.98 for ryanair
    btw i hate ryanair and i have always used aer lingus to fly to manchester / UK ? amsterdam etc

I'd use ryanair but they don't seem to want to bring me to amsterdam.

• Advertisement

just a con imo, i cannot understand how ryanair can have no taxes on a flight to manchester but yet its 40 for aer lingus they pluck these figure out of the air because they are never the same.

Just because Ryanair sometimes exclude taxes doesn't mean they aren't still charged, they're just absorbing the taxes & charges instead of passing them on to the customer, probably as a way to stimulate demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I'd use ryanair but they don't seem to want to bring me to amsterdam.

Call Joe Duffy quick:D

Anyway, there's no point booking anything until people are sure the striking season is over with AL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Is there any updated codes for this? Need to book an aer lingus now :/

Advertisement