Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A light E-juice for heavy drinking...

Options
  • 24-10-2012 7:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

Hello folks.

I'd like to get a very light juice for when I'm on the batther. Back when I was smoking I used to chain smoke while drinking. Now I tend to chain-vape when I'm drinking and it just gets me light headed and stuffy - I'm using Liqua's American blend, 11mg.

Can you recommend a lighter tobacco flavoured juice?

All I want is the action of taking a drag and exhaling smoke, I don't necessarily need a nicotine fix. If I do get the itch for nicotine I'll use the 11mg for a while, then go back to the light mix.

Any recommendations? Preferably 0mg nicotine. :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

DKS Marshall is a lovely mellow tobacco and 0%, DKS Gringo is a bit harsher so probably similar to what you have.

DKS is expensive but worth every penny, it's 200% flavor so can be cut with nicotine to whatever strength you want or cut it with pg/vg. I cut with a little vodka to get a nice kick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 Ninjer

Thanks but I'm not an e-cig hobbyist! Im just using these to quit smoking. I'd prefer just a simple juice I can use out of the box without mixing.

You do not need to mix them, they work great on their own.

200% sounds like a lot though. Are you sure it won't be flavour overkill? I'm looking for something very light that I can basically attach to my mouth and use in place of oxygen! Cos that's how I smoke when drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

krissovo wrote: »
    DKS Marshall is a lovely mellow tobacco and 0%, DKS Gringo is a bit harsher so probably similar to what you have.

DKS is expensive but worth every penny, it's 200% flavor so can be cut with nicotine to whatever strength you want or cut it with pg/vg. I cut with a little vodka to get a nice kick.

Krissovo how much Vodka would you add to a 10ml bottle of 0mg VG to get a decent kick? have loads of the stuff but gone off 0mg with no throat hit and wan't add Vodka to get a kick?

• Advertisement

Even at twice the flavor most are not over powering, the Marshall is fine. Gringo would be a little heavy, the mint and tangerine would be options as well.

They are unique flavors and hard to explain, pink vaper did some reviews.

http://pinkvaper.com/wordpress/dks-eliquid-reviewsdks-eliquid-reviews/

kiffy wrote: »
    Krissovo how much Vodka would you add to a 10ml bottle of 0mg VG to get a decent kick? have loads of the stuff but gone off 0mg with no throat hit and wan't add Vodka to get a kick?

.3 to .5 ml does it for me, I have taken it up to .7

krissovo wrote: »
    .3 to .5 ml does it for me, I have taken it up to .7
    Cheers for that I was expecting add at least a couple of ml. Heading out to the kitchen to mix up a bit and try :)

Well bugger it went to the cupboard, but the cupboard was bare Aaarrgghh. She told me she took it to a friends house a few weeks ago for a girlies night and left what was left of it there, BUGGER!!, will have to but a small bottle tomorrow.

Don't suppose Martini or Baileys will work as well ha-ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Actually, Martini wouldn't be so bad, there just might be a hot, minty twang to it.

Is it a gin Martini or a vodka Martini?

grindle wrote: »
    Actually, Martini wouldn't be so bad, there just might be a hot, minty twang to it.

Is it a gin Martini or a vodka Martini?
    Hang on I'll have a look, back in a mo

• Advertisement

*taps watch, waits*

Don't bloody say, and as I'm no James Bond speciaslist can tell by the sniff either.
    But mixed up about 1ml to try it out.
    Tons of vapour from the supermarket VG but no throat hit.
    Back to the drawing bottle :(

Well, it's the alcohol that gives the throathit, so if you're not getting it, you need more.
    Easier to do if you have a dripping atty, but jump in at an extreme end and try 25/75 Martini/VG. Worst that happens is you lose a couple mls of VG, but if the throathit's too hard, you'll know to scale back.
    If you get no TH - that VG must be honey-like.

Well, it's the alcohol that gives the throathit, so if you're not getting it, you need more.
    Easier to do if you have a dripping atty, but jump in at an extreme end and try 25/75 Martini/VG. Worst that happens is you lose a couple mls of VG, but if the throathit's too hard, you'll know to scale back.
    If you get no TH - that VG must be honey-like.
    Will try that if I cant get a throat hit I can always drink it ;)

Prepare BBQ, place drip tip over BBQ, throw Martini + ejuice over BBQ, vape BBQ.

Done.*

*May cause cancer.

Prepare BBQ, place drip tip over BBQ, throw Martini + ejuice over BBQ, vape BBQ.

Done.*

*May cause cancer.
    Yeah and 3rd degree burns, never mind the cancer.
    Hey just tried 40% Martini and 60% (aprox) of Strawberry 0mg VG.
    And a little throat hit nothing major but noticeable about what I'd get from a 8mg cart. Must try a bit more Martini later today when cart gets dry, but getting there. Don't know how long though before the lack of nicotine cracks me up.

Are you off nicotine completely now? By choice? By CHOICE?

AND you don't take PG well? Double-whammy of disasters.

Are you off nicotine completely now? By choice? By CHOICE?

AND you don't take PG well? Double-whammy of disasters.
    No went off when I read about the doomsday scenario (Leaked EU document) but only lasted 7 days and back on my PG at 18/24mg just looking for a viable alternative just in case any truth in supposed leak documents and the politicians do the dirty on us :mad:
    But hopefully all my messing will be in vane and we carry on as normal :)

I'd love to see them try to police every single bottle of nicotine base flowing around the planet (relabelled if doomsday comes). Random testing would cost WAY too much, and only affect about 1% of the packages.

Would the cost be worth the few bottles they stop? Not a hope.

I can't see them going Aussie-airport on these packages, it doesn't seem economically feasible. Am I being foolish thinking that? :confused:

What if??? :eek:

Hello. OP here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's hard to find stuff weaker than 11mg tbh. Even if you're not a hobbyist, mixing isn't difficult, especially if you just want to dilute a little bit.

You can pick up a bottle of VG (Vegtable Glycerin USP) in Boots or other chemists. All you need to do then is pop the top off your liqua bottle and pour some in. You don't need to worry about getting exact measurements, just start by adding a little bit of VG then trying it out. Just remember, it's easier to add a little more VG than it is to take some out.

Advertisement