Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing help

Options
  • 24-10-2012 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi All.
    I want to put Heating in a Cottage we are renovating.
    It will be Run from a Stove.
    What I need is Someone that will help me with the Instillation. Maybe a Retired or a Semi Retired Person.
    I hope to find someone that will Show me how to Connect everything and Make sure it is Done Properly, I will do the Majority of the Work Myself to keep Costs Down.
    New Castlewest Area

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

Hi just wondering what your profession is first off?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 denkarma

Hi spireland32
    Dont have a Trade unless 'Jack of all Trades' count..i Have done Plumbing in the Past But nothing on this Scale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

A stove or back boiler installed incorrectly is deadly dangerous, one of lads on here did up a sketch of how to pipe one before. However you would still need some knowledge of plumbing. I know things are tight with money these days but I really think you should get a professional in. Even get a price and give you some idea. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing as they say.

@ spireland32
    Thanks For the warning ...that is why I would like someone to Oversee my work and keep me Pointed in the Right direction.
    Someone local would be great As they could be here when i am doing the Work.
    I would not be doing all the Work myself just the donkey work, Lifting Floorboards and drilling walls also cutting lenghts of Pipe to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

it would be very hard to get someone that knows what they are at to "over see" your work i counldnt do it id have to stop you and do it right myself

• Advertisement

@ anthonyos If they do the Plumbing part I could do the Rest.
    We are not looking for a Plumber to work for free, We will offer Payment .
    I should have stressed that at the Start, but if I do the Donkey work it should help keep costs down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭anthonyos

but the plumbing part is the rest ...your best bet is to offer a lad day rate lets say 100 a day and get the job done safely and properly

Thanks anthonyos,
    Thats an Idea..I would never have thought of it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is nothing to stop you doing the pipe work and let a plumber do final connections to the boiler. There is lot to it. If i were a plumber i would happily advise you...

But actully tell you the full installiation.... That is a difficult one.

@ Joey the lips
    I don't want to do it all myself...What I want is Someone that will do it and I will do the Labour/Donkey work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

where are you based op, are you just running one heat source or two

I am near Newcastle West Co Limerick...
    Only one source from a Stove....2 bedrooms ,kitchen,Hallway and bathroom.
    it is a Bungalow.

I need to get this job done before the Weather sets in.

Advertisement