Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Legal assistance offered with your car insurance

Options
  • 24-10-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

i renewed my policy today with 123.ie. I was offered a new service which was introduced in April of this year called legal assistance. Cost was 20 euro flat fee for cover of up to 130000 for your legal cover in case of an accident /claim etc. He said it covers civil claims too. Hadn't heard of this before. Just wondering had anyone else bought this with their policy or even had to avail of it? Another gimmick to fleece us for more money or a good option?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Lambasted wrote: »
    i renewed my policy today with 123.ie. I was offered a new service which was introduced in April of this year called legal assistance. Cost was 20 euro flat fee for cover of up to 130000 for your legal cover in case of an accident /claim etc. He said it covers civil claims too. Hadn't heard of this before. Just wondering had anyone else bought this with their policy or even had to avail of it? Another gimmick to fleece us for more money or a good option?

I passed when I was offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I got it for the craic as i got such a good quote to begin with even though it was explained to me very very badly :p

Basically i was told if i was in the wrong i could appeal and it would cover the costs and if i was hit myself while not using my car it would apply. None of which makes much sense but i ticked the box anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Viper_JB

Lambasted wrote: »

They wouldn't be offering it unless they thought it would be a good money maker for them, I passed the current litigation society that's developing in Ireland is sickening and I'd rather not contribute in any way to it.....although I know that has the potential to bite me in the ass at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

My policy with Chartis (via First Ireland) includes Legal Assistance which I have availed of. 123.ie by comparison are hopeless for quotes and perks IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Lambasted

I've been with 123 now for 2 years and each year they've been the best quote I could find, with all the usual stuff incl. Thankfully I've never had to avail of their services

• Advertisement
Advertisement