Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cranesong Kramer ReMix

• 24-10-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Here's a track I co produced a while ago recently re looked at with the Cranesong Phoenix and Kramer Tape sim.

I went a bit nuts with the drums which were recorded in a tiled hall way with additional ambient mics.

Crash Bang, yea ?

http://soundcloud.com/paulbrewer/oct-24-mix

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Really nice.
    I've really liked the vocal sounds in your last couple of mixes Paul, mind if I ask what chain/processing/eq your doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Cool, I like the vocal sound too.

I didn't like the kick in places though, is it heavily gated? Around 0:26, 1:12 and in similar places in the track, I find that "cut off" distracting, I'd have given it a bit more of a natural release. Unless that was the intention, and I'm sure it helps keep things punchy.

Also didn't like the fizzy static cutting out at 2.12 and again at 2.30, just distracting from the ramp and build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Thanks Fitz-
    Niall, its the hall ambience gated on the kick ok, and melted with a Abbey Road 2005 limiter.
    The track is quite angry lyrically so that 'pounding' element on the drums was a plan.

A lot of Irish recordings have the small dry fat thing going on in drums so this was a conscious reaction to that - and yer man melts them anyway, so it wasn't a hard decision.

Vocals were a Brauner VMA I think (it may have been an SM7), 1073 , 1176 going in and Dynamic Spectrum mapper, CLA76 , L1 on way back(possibly some Epure top end too) + Echoboy.

Fizzes and Squelches ? You got to let the band have some input, Yea ?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

jesus christ i wish i could get mine half as good as this .

Advertisement