Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note 10.1 Jellybean?

Options
  • 24-10-2012 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I am intending to get the Galaxy Note 10.1 before Christmas. However, I have heard it will be updated with the new Jellybean software soon. Am I better off waiting for this before I buy one? I am assuming once rolled out, any new 10.1 tablets will have it pre installed?

Anybody know anything about this or when jellybean is due to hit the note 10.1 in Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭biebiebie

The stock in the stores will have ICS until they get a new batch in with JB. You'll be able to update ICS to JB once the update is available. So no need to fret about what version you are buying as the actual hardware will remain the same anyhow.

Bottom line, just buy it and enjoy! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭G00L

Thanks biebiebie. Wasn't sure! Do any of you know somewhere that does trade ins when buying the note? I am trying to trade in or sell a Dell but it is looking a lot more difficult than I had hoped. What I would expect to get for it would cover the price of the note.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

I have the Note 10.1 and I find it great. The stylus really is the bees knees. I don't think Jellybean will make such a noticeable difference that it worth holding out for it. I have a S3 as well which updated to Jellybean last week and its not notically that different to ICS.

As for a trade-in you would be better off selling it yourself. I assume it a laptop. If you are having trouble selling it the chances are you have it priced too high. Stick it on adverts and if priced right won't be long shifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭G00L

Thanks cgc. Yeah I am pretty excited about getting it. Seems like a lot more work and creativity has gone into it compared to the new ipad. Is it just me, or does it seem like Apple is getting a bit lazy as it has the market share? I have not noticed any notable design innovations in quite a while. Little touchs on the samsung like the ipen, multi-screen etc have caught my eye. I havent been excited by Apple in some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Crowebar2

Hey,

I've had the Note 10.1 for the past few weeks and really like it. I got it for about £390 (€490 at the time) on Amazon.co.uk and it came within 3 or 4 days. You'll pay up to €650 in Ireland in a shop. Granted the screen is pretty poor given the other options that are out there but it's fine. The Jelly Bean update is being sent out OTA as we speak across Germany (http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-starts-galaxy-note-10-1-jelly-bean-updates-in-germany-20121108/) which hopefully means we will be getting it very soon. Apparently those in Germany are already commenting that it is much smoother and that there have been a few tweaks to menus, shortcuts etc. However, I use the launcher called ADW and it is extremely smooth already on ICS. I really haven't noticed any lag or stuttering.

Have you given any considerations towards the Nexus 10? Looks like an amazing piece of kit. The screen is about as good as it gets at present and it comes with 4.2 out of the box. I probably would have gone for that if it was only announced a week or two earlier.

Stephen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement