Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piranha Triathlon club - Dublin

Options
  • 24-10-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Looking for a triathlon club in Dublin. Piranha looks to be the one most suited to me in terms of training schedule and location etc. Looks like a well run club too. Can anyone recommend them? Any members on boards?

They run a a fair few sessions each week, I wouldnt be able to make them all, I'd be doing some sessions myself. Would that be normal for most Tri club members?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smcgui

I'm a Piranha and I love it. Lots of coached sessions but there is no obligation to attend them all. People just try to make the sessions that suit their location and schedule. Perfectly normal to do some training on your own too. Very friendly club with lots of socializing and members and training at all levels from beginners to advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Also a member, its got a lovely mix of levels in it and loads of people attend most sessions, I don't make all of them myself but theres often training meet ups outside the scheduled sessions as well! I think its great value for the facilities and coached sessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭StaggerLee

Thanks for the info.

Would now be a good time to join, or would waiting until January when the annual membership is renewed be better? I've emailed the membership person at the club, waiting for a reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

DD is taken by month I think so if you're going DD it doesn't effect when you start so if you're ready to train i'd jump right in! We used to take a winter break for a few weeks but don't think that happens any more as theres a full week's training this week on the plans anyway!

Advertisement