Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to the Bin collection companies

Options
  • 24-10-2012 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a useable alternative to the domestic Bin collection companies in the Ennis area?
    I've been using Mr. Binman for a while now and while I've no problem with the service, I think it's a bit of a waste (no pun intended!). It usually costs me round €140 to €150 every 6 months, but I live alone and don't have much rubbish to collect. I'd say I only put the bin out once a month. So basically I'm paying up to €150 for just 6 bin collections at most.

Anyone using the waste disposal place out near Inagh?
    Is it expensive? And can you bring your recycling out there too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

See the clare co co website for details on charges for Inagh...

http://www.clarecoco.ie/water-waste-environment/waste-and-recycling/central-waste-management-facility/

€5 to recycle and €7 per bag for waste.

I'm in a similar situation to yourself - live alone and not much waste. I used to take my rubbish out to Inagh but i hated having the dirty smelly bags in the car. I'm paying for the convience really of collection. Also i believe if you put your bin out fortnightly, rather than only when it is full you may save a bit extra due to the way it is averaged out (or something to that affect i have heard)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

You get screwed if you only put out the bin when you need to. They calculate per lift, and if you only put it out when it's full, it will average pretty high per lift and you end up paying twice as much for the service you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

I think some of them have a bag only collection, where you can buy the bags from newsagents (pretty sure Mr. Binman had a few years ago). The recycle centre on the Gort road takes most everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

you can get bags for €7 & use these when necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 13,419 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

CptSternn wrote: »
    You get screwed if you only put out the bin when you need to. They calculate per lift, and if you only put it out when it's full, it will average pretty high per lift and you end up paying twice as much for the service you get.

Thanks for the advice guys. Will try putting the bins out more often. That should make a difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Very little waste from here too.

I share the use of my bin with a relative.

Halves the cost and the payment is allowed in tax calculations

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

A friend of mine shares a bin with his neighbour and has no hassle at all. There used to be a "Pay as you Go" option for bin collection at Captain Mac's petrol station, I think that's gone but there might be another 1 somewhere.

Advertisement