Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colitis / Crohns - Joint pain

Options
  • 24-10-2012 2:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi

Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with crohns/ colitis joint pain? I'm going to be seeing my doctor this week for another colonoscopy - to hopefully diagnose what exactly I have - he thinks its probably colitis now, although 10 yrs ago I was told I had crohns. I'm going to ask him about the joint pain when I see him.

The joint pain is irritating. Last week I couldn't use my right shoulder. Then the other night it moved to my thumb and neck. They've all cleared up - but now my knee is really sore - it's like it's jumping around the joints. I feel like a really old women cause I can hardly get out of bed and I'm limping etc.

Painkillers don't seem to ease it much. I tired a warm bath - and it did feel a bit better while I was actually in there - but the minute I got out it felt just as bad

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Joint pain is really common for those with Crohns/Colitis...

There is a good facebook page for people who suffer - lots of good tips and advice along with personal experiences of these conditions - http://www.facebook.com/groups/crohnsandulcerativecolitisireland/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Personally I find using elasticated sports straps that give support particularly to my knees, to be helpful- my knees still hurt like hell (as do a lot of other places!) but I feel more secure on my feet. Unfortunately it is common with Crohn's in particular- and we do seem to be particularly prone to various types of arthritis. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Eibhlin2011

Joint pain is really common for those with Crohns/Colitis...

There is a good facebook page for people who suffer - lots of good tips and advice along with personal experiences of these conditions - http://www.facebook.com/groups/crohnsandulcerativecolitisireland/

Thanks

I'll look that up

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Eibhlin2011

smccarrick wrote: »
    Personally I find using elasticated sports straps that give support particularly to my knees, to be helpful- my knees still hurt like hell (as do a lot of other places!) but I feel more secure on my feet. Unfortunately it is common with Crohn's in particular- and we do seem to be particularly prone to various types of arthritis. :(

Good idea - ill buy them. My knee pain cleared up last night but no doubt it'll be back some time.

It's strange how quick the pain went away - for most of yesterday I could hardly walk - then at about 10pm it just seemed to clear up a good bit - and this morning I feel totally fine

Advertisement