Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on Cois Eala, Rathmines

Options
  • 23-10-2012 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm considering taking an apartment in this complex - it faces onto Grove road, but the traffic doesn't bother me too much as long as there isn't much past midnight. What I'm wondering is, how good is the internal sound insulation, am I likely to hear my upstairs neighbours walking around or talking ? Or same for the next door neighbours.

Also, to be Grove road seems to be on the peripherary of Rathmines, is it still a good enough area given the busy road it faces onto ? Would it be less desirable than if it were closer to Rathmines village for example ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

Hi All

I'm considering taking an apartment in this complex - it faces onto Grove road, but the traffic doesn't bother me too much as long as there isn't much past midnight. What I'm wondering is, how good is the internal sound insulation, am I likely to hear my upstairs neighbours walking around or talking ? Or same for the next door neighbours.

Also, to be Grove road seems to be on the peripherary of Rathmines, is it still a good enough area given the busy road it faces onto ? Would it be less desirable than if it were closer to Rathmines village for example ?

Thanks in advance

The area is fine, but the main problem would the the road noise if you are low down and facing the road. The canal is busy all night and there is a fire station on the canal in dolphins barn. So if your a light sleeper I would say away.

There are a few nice places down towards Harold's cross off the main road

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cathryan

This place is in need of a good tidy up. The foyer always smells musty and damp, the paint is peeling off the place, the lift (when it is actually working) is slow and, again, it's smelly. And as for the noise, well you don't really hear noise from other apartments, so that's good, but the the canal is busy 24/7, so if you're keen on sirens at 4am and drunks singing to the swans, then it's the place for you! If not, move on! Oh, and you can be guaranteed that your 'allocated' parking space will be being used by some other prat.

Advertisement