Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liquid queries

Options
  • 23-10-2012 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Can someone help with the answers to 2 e liquid questions I’m not sure about.

1. Having at last found a lovely liquid to vape (Almond Bliss from BV) I'm wondering what to do with the years supply I have lying around and thought what about freezing them in my deep freeze to be used if things get bad in the future (not looking to sell them) but not sure can they be frozen and if so will they be ok to use if I need them again.

2. The Almond Bliss is a lovely vape comes in 10ml bottles an 18mg strength max, but I find there is very little throat hit with it. I have ordered 4 more bottles today and also ordered 100ml of 50mg nicotine, and was thinking of adding an extra bit of nic to spice up the TH.
    If I add say 1ml of the 50mg nic to the 10ml bottle is that the same as adding 5mg of nic to the total strength making it 23mg from 18?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Bubba9

I put some liquid I wasn't too impressed with in the freezer about 9 months ago as an experiment. I'll take a bottle out around Christmas and see how it vapes. I don't think PG freezes solid...think there's some PG in antifreeze...but no reason why it shouldn't keep.

You should end up with 20.9mg with the combinatin you mentioned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Bubba9 wrote: »
    I put some liquid I wasn't too impressed with in the freezer about 9 months ago as an experiment. I'll take a bottle out around Christmas and see how it vapes. I don't think PG freezes solid...think there's some PG in antifreeze...but no reason why it shouldn't keep.

You should end up with 20.9mg with the combinatin you mentioned
    Thanks Bubba but couldn't you take out a bottle or 2 tomorrow to check :D
    BTW what calc did you use to come by the 20.9?

kiffy wrote: »
    Thanks Bubba but couldn't you take out a bottle or 2 tomorrow to check :D
    BTW what calc did you use to come by the 20.9?

Naw...myself and Santa will sample it. I could say I did it in my head but you probably wouldn't believe me. EJuice Me Up...get it here:

http://ejuice.breaktru.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

my oh asked me about this one day so i googled and found this thread and a guy who says he's a professional chemist. thread is 2 years old so how it's working out for him i was never bothered enough to find out.

artyeva wrote: »
    my oh asked me about this one day so i googled and found this thread and a guy who says he's a professional chemist. thread is 2 years old so how it's working out for him i was never bothered enough to find out.
    Thanks Eva, there's a few other links in that thread too, doesn't look promising for long term storage, will have to vape myself silly or sell most it to get my stocks down.

• Advertisement

Thanks Eva, there's a few other links in that thread too, doesn't look promising for long term storage, will have to vape myself silly or sell most it to get my stocks down.

Aren't you being a tad paranoid? I don't think eliquid will be banned in the EU but even if they are there'll be a black market....watch the forums. The Chinese are past masters at mislabelling packages and I doubt if the Greeks will be too keen to follow any directives. You can mix your own juice. Flavours and nic free juice will be available, as will PG, you can get VG in the chemist and a big bottle of base like this:

http://www.nicvape.com/store/p/48-1-liter-of-100-mg-ml.aspx

should do you quite a while. No point worrying.

Aren't you being a tad paranoid? I don't think eliquid will be banned in the EU but even if they are there'll be a black market....watch the forums. The Chinese are past masters at mislabelling packages and I doubt if the Greeks will be too keen to follow any directives. You can mix your own juice. Flavours and nic free juice will be available, as will PG, you can get VG in the chemist and a big bottle of base like this:

http://www.nicvape.com/store/p/48-1-liter-of-100-mg-ml.aspx

should do you quite a while. No point worrying.
    Can't help it Bubba, always been a pesamist, handy really as I am seldom disappointed as my worst fears seldom arise :D.

I have bought PG and VG bottles from my local super to try them out (couple of yoyo's in price) the VG works the best (without throat hit) Is there any other additive than can be used with liquids to give throat hit other than nicotine?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

someone mentioned something to do that in the quick reviews - liquid thread I think it was, a month or so back

cant remember the name atm, but it shouldn't be too many pages back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

VG + Vodka = throathit. How much vodka depends on whether they've thinned out the VG with water or vodka already (it'll look fluid as opposed to honey-like).

Trial and error time!

grindle wrote: »
    VG + Vodka = throathit. How much vodka depends on whether they've thinned out the VG with water or vodka already (it'll look fluid as opposed to honey-like).

Trial and error time!
    Must give that a go, my Mrs has a bottle in the cabinet for xmas drinks etc, though don't know how I can explain half a bottle gone missing trying to get the right mix with VG for vaping :D She's sceptical enough of the vaping already (been listening to her know it all buddies in the hospital, who know **** all about it :mad:)

Cheers lads must check out that thread too Dig's.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

someone mentioned something to do that in the quick reviews - liquid thread I think it was, a month or so back

cant remember the name atm, but it shouldn't be too many pages back

http://www.flavourart.co.uk/bitextra-30ml-81-p.asp

FlavourArt BiteXtra....get it in 0mg, and add it you your 0nic juices, gives throat hit without nic...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i still have your atty

pm me your address and i'll drop it in the post today, sorry :)

Who is responsible for censoring the swear words? my F.u.c.k didn't come out in the last post, what a bollix ;)
    Still trying to find that post Dig's back to page 32 and still looking, will find it eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Worst case I think will be the Australian situation where you can buy vaping gear and buy 0% Nic juices domestically but cannot buy Nic Juices. They can however buy Nic juices from abroad.

Calibos wrote: »
    Worst case I think will be the Australian situation where you can buy vaping gear and buy 0% Nic juices domestically but cannot buy Nic Juices. They can however buy Nic juices from abroad.
    Well if that happens Keith my Mrs will be buying Vodka by the crate full :D
    I lasted about 7 days on 0% nic before going back up to 18/24mg, still got quite a few bottles of 0 nic, but will spice them up when my 50mg nic arrives from BV :) (hopefully Friday going to spice up my Almond Bliss too)

Has anyone tried the Hangsen Cheescake liq, I ordered the 100ml bottle, and it doesn't really taste like cheesecake to me, but exactly like milk of Magnesia, most of you lot too young to remember that stuff, and it's so long ago I can't remember what the hell I used to take it for, might have been for indegestion or constipation, any way not bad (I used to like the taste milk of magnesia) but not bad 100ml for €16)

i have the dekang cheesecake. to me it kinda tastes like a baked cheesecake, sweet and kinda vanilla-ey but with no real tangible flavour of much. i also remember milk of magnesia [you can still buy it btw, i resent the implication that if you remember it yer old :p] it tastes nothing like milk of magnesia to me though.

canada also has banned the sale of nic liquid which doesn't stop most of canada buying it elsewhere. out of interest what's your panic? eu ban, costs, or you not being able to buy your favourite juice should the zombie apocalypse start next thursday week? i'm not sure i get it.

i have the dekang cheesecake. to me it kinda tastes like a baked cheesecake, sweet and kinda vanilla-ey but with no real tangible flavour of much. i also remember milk of magnesia [you can still buy it btw, i resent the implication that if you remember it yer old :p] it tastes nothing like milk of magnesia to me though.

canada also has banned the sale of nic liquid which doesn't stop most of canada buying it elsewhere. out of interest what's your panic? eu ban, costs, or you not being able to buy your favourite juice should the zombie apocalypse start next thursday week? i'm not sure i get it.
    The Cheesecake I have is Hangsen, don't know what the Dekang tastes like.

My panic is after 39 years smoking (started when I was 2 ;)) and never been able to stay off for longer than 3 days at a time, I finally find a product that keeps me off them (May 20th) and haven't missed them one day, from the moment I started vaping I haven't even wanted to puff a fag and I can’t even stand the smell of them anymore, and now there is a threat to what has got me off them.
    Like I said in another thread I'm a terrible pessimist and always think the worst will happen, so if it doesn’t most of you will say “I didn’t expect it to be banned anyway” where I will be over the moon.

The cost of vaping should be fraction of what I was spending on fags, but I am constantly buying different juices and on my 6th device (should be my last 1300 mAh batteries and 3ml cartomisers) I would have been prepared to pay nearly the same amount on vaping as I did on smokes as health was the issue, it's just a big boost that vaping is so cheap in comparison, if I could only stop buying stuff.

The Cheesecake I have is Hangsen, don't know what the Dekang tastes like.

My panic is after 39 years smoking (started when I was 2 ;)) and never been able to stay off for longer than 3 days at a time, I finally find a product that keeps me off them (May 20th) and haven't missed them one day, from the moment I started vaping I haven't even wanted to puff a fag and I can’t even stand the smell of them anymore, and now there is a threat to what has got me off them.
    Like I said in another thread I'm a terrible pessimist and always think the worst will happen, so if it doesn’t most of you will say “I didn’t expect it to be banned anyway” where I will be over the moon.

my mistake, i hadn't notice you said hangsen. you've put me off it anyway. milk of magnesia [and syrup of figs :p] is the work of the devil. the devil and irish mothers.

as for your pessimism... i dunno dude... i think personally you're being a bit paranoid. i'm not sure how real and tanglible these threats you percieve are, but i'd rather adapt and change than waste mental space worrying. there's always a workaround everything in life. but if it makes ya happy off with ya. that almond bliss must be damn good :D

my mistake, i hadn't notice you said hangsen. you've put me off it anyway. milk of magnesia [and syrup of figs :p] is the work of the devil. the devil and irish mothers.

as for your pessimism... i dunno dude... i think personally you're being a bit paranoid. i'm not sure how real and tanglible these threats you percieve are, but i'd rather adapt and change than waste mental space worrying. there's always a workaround everything in life. but if it makes ya happy off with ya. that almond bliss must be damn good :D
    Not at all Eva, I'm not paranoid, I just think everyone is talking about me and out to get me :D

As for the Almond Bliss it is a lovely vape (from BV) bought another 4 bottles of it. I did buy another nutty one from them (Wingnut) called nut juice, but kinda scared as to what might be in it going off the name :)

Not at all Eva, I'm not paranoid, I just think everyone is talking about me and out to get me :D
    )

You don't happen to have a panic room and a nuclear shelter in the garden?

• Advertisement

You don't happen to have a panic room and a nuclear shelter in the garden?
    No Bubba but I'm saving up for one with the money I'm putting away from the money vaping is saving me.
    Will invite yee all to the grand opening. Bring yur own gas masks though and canned food.

No Bubba but I'm saving up for one with the money I'm putting away from the money vaping is saving me.
    Will invite yee all to the grand opening. Bring yur own gas masks though and canned food.

Ok, now I'm picturing Charlton Heston waving an 801 with cartomiser and bottle of e-liquid over his head at an NRA meeting....

"......from my cold dead hands......."

:D

Calibos wrote: »
    Ok, now I'm picturing Charlton Heston waving an 801 with cartomiser and bottle of e-liquid over his head at an NRA meeting....

"......from my cold dead hands......."

:D
    Charlton Heston? sure it wasn't from the planet of the Vapes :D

I hope nobody tells you about the Mayan Prophecy due in December.

I hope nobody tells you about the Mayan Prophecy due in December.
    No worries on that count Bubba, I'm Ireland's biggest and most devout Atheist.
    But it has stopped me thinking of what to get the Mrs for Xmas though, what's the point hey :D

Charlton Heston? sure it wasn't from the planet of the Vapes :D

Advertisement