Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value of Galaxy S3 over S2

Options
  • 23-10-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭

So, Im a Galaxy S1 user and I have an upgrade offer to a Galaxy S2 for free or to an S3 for €99.

Is there a huge advantage to upgrading to the S3 over the S2? I use it mainly on WiFi, mostly browser rather than media. Are there new gen apps that the S2 would not handle? Any other disadvantages people might have experienced?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I was just in a similar situation and decided to go for the S2. Performance wise it's so much smoother than the S1 and mine (on meteor) had ICS 4.0.3 out of the box and updated itself to 4.0.4 now. This is also a big upgrade over the Android 2.3 that my old galaxy S had.

I didn't see any real need for the added power the S3 has over the S2 and personally didn't like that the S3 is even bigger physically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

My S3 has updated itself to 4.1.1 now.
    You may as well go with the newer one as the support will be there for much longer.
    Also, I found the build quality of the s2 to be very poor. It feels much more "plastic-y" than the S3.
    just my 2c

Advertisement