Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Configure the TV to start on the HDMI Channel.

Options
  • 23-10-2012 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

Is it possible to configure/force the TV to start-up on the HDMI port rather than analogue aerial?

I have a Panasonic VIERA TX-32LX85L connected to a Triax TSC114 Saorview Combo Receiver (via HDMI 1).

When I switch the TV on it always attempts to start-up on the areal channels. On the TV remote I press the AV button and select HDMI 1 to access the Saorview channels.

Note the Triax TSC114 is powered on (blue on light – rather than the red standby light)

I would like it to automatically start up on the HDMI channel – does anybody know if it is possible to do this on a Panasonic VIERA TX-32LX85L?

I did test the same combo box on a TFT LCD TV and it automatically detected the combo box in the HDMI port and started on the Saorview channels.

Cheers

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭marclt

There is probably something in settings that will over-ride this? I have a panny and mine starts on whatever it was viewing when it was switched off.

If you rescan and have no analogue channels saved that might also counteract the problem...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

marclt wrote: »
    If you rescan and have no analogue channels saved that might also counteract the problem...
    my panasonic defaults to channel 36 so can't blank out :(

Option B - connect the box up with a SCART cable too, this may save you one button press when hopping up to the next AV channel - if you have a another box on the scart already try daisy chaining them - YMMV - to see if the STB overides

Advertisement