Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preliminary Tax/PRSI Query for first time sole trader

Options
  • 23-10-2012 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I've been self employed (sole trader) since April 2012 and want to sort out my Preliminary Tax for this October 31st. I know I can base this years on 100% of last years tax, meaning I owe zero as I wasn't trading last year.

I've made an overall loss so far so I rang the Revenue and asked them do I still have to pay the minimum PRSI payable of €253 by Oct 31st 2012 and they said I do. So I rang the citizens advice (some number I got for queries on PRSI) as I was confused and he said that as I made a loss I'm not liable to pay the PRSI as PRSI is on profits not turnover. Can anyone tell me who is right??

Comments

Advertisement