Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiboxing and RAF

Options
  • 23-10-2012 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering has anyone done thiis

Basically have been looking into buying a new battle chest and creating a second account on my current battlenet account. ( You can have 8 wow accounts to one battlenet account)

I was then going to use the tripleXP through RAF to powerlevel characters to 80.

I've a Priest I want to get up, and then also some horde characters. ( wont have heirlooms on them though )

You get 30 days free time with the Battlechest, and from my understanding you can instantly transfer WoW characters to your main account, for free, instantly.

Has anyone done this before, any links, guides or info would be appreicated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I'v done it before, can chat to you in game about it later in the week.

In a nutshell you are basically looking for a key replication program or script, so when you press a key like "1" it replicates the key stroke to any WoW client. It's completely legal and recognised by Blizzard because you physically have to be at the controls. It's the reason that you see so many Shaman multiboxers cause realistically they can work with 3 key presses!! Having a series of macros will help, so just a general /follow /assist and /cast nuke macro on the 2nd character. Mobs die so quickly at the moment that having your 2nd character just perform a nuke or two (or heal) means you can chain your way through quests. If your main char had heriloom weapons the damange they do combined with mobs being nerfed to the point that you just chew through them in 2 shots, you could just have your 2nd character just /follow you and ignore keystroke programs altogether.

As for the transferring of characters, how it used to work is you could transfer your character at any time once they are above level 10 and it costs 20 quid like a normal realm transfer. That could have changed in the past two expansions and I cba to google it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Is it still possible to multi-box? dont they have a new security check in place that causes some problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Calhoun wrote: »
    Is it still possible to multi-box? dont they have a new security check in place that causes some problems?

Well multiboxing was never illegal so dont know what checks would impact it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I know its not illegal but i heard there is like an IP check on account now or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I didn't read about anything like that but from an IP point of view they don't really mind how many unique accounts login from the one location. The only IP check they go through is to flag account sharing or illegal activities, so if you login with an Irish IP and then a Chinese IP and then an Irish IP it will flag something in their system. That's the whole gold farming / power levelling scene. Once you pay your sub and bought the games and the IP region doesn't change wildly they are quiet happy to facilitate it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement