Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best SIP Trunk Provider

Options
  • 23-10-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I'm setting up an Asterisk server for my office and I'm looking around for the best SIP trunk provider. I'm looking for a provider that can give me a DID here in Dublin and another for Belfast. These are customer service numbers and will require at least five concurrent calls per number, so ten inbound concurrent calls total with the option to scale up.

Right now I'm looking at Blueface, Goldfish.ie, and Welltel. Does anyone have any recommendations or horror stories?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I would recommend Digiweb for sip trunking. They normally give 10 numbers to you and there's no monthly fees so its pay as you go.

You need a static ip address but that makes it more secure.

The likes of Goldfish will use Digiweb's numbers but you may prefer to use them depending on your current setup and preferences. Blueface will charge to port but haven't heard recent problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭lotas

We use speechpath in the office. at the moment, we use them for outgoing calls and have PSTN lines for incoming... but speachpath has given us some DID numbers, we just have not used them yet...

As for the digiweb voip, they dont have any pricing on their site... is there a setup charge with them? do i need to be an existing customer? any further details?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

lotas wrote: »
    As for the digiweb voip, they dont have any pricing on their site... is there a setup charge with them? do i need to be an existing customer? any further details?

There's no setup charge at all and you don't need to be an existing customer. You need a fixed ip address and basically they send the calls through to the specified ip and you send out to their ip.

They gave us 10 numbers, we don't use them all and are far more reliable than the likes of blueface.

I think it took two days for it to be setup and the number port took only a day. There's no monthly fee but you have to ring them for the rate cards.

I don't work for them by the way:)

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭lotas

Thanks Mr_Grumpy. Will give them a ring and see what they can help us with!

Advertisement