Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$15.89 Gadget impulse buy - 2m USB borescope/endoscope

Options
  • 23-10-2012 12:12am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭

More on this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81378118#post81378118
    Just thought I'd throw this out there, since I never saw these on sale before. Mine just arrived yesterday.

$15.89 for a 2 metre borescope / endoscope.

Basically a 640x480 usb webcam.

Now I doubt it's rated for medical applications, so I wouldn't start performing your own colonoscopies with it ! :eek:

But, it could be used to see awkward parts of car engines, drop it behind plasterboard walls to check for leaks, a cheap external webcam, drill a hole in a door and use it as a front door security camera.

I love the fact that the 4 white LED lights are manually controlled on a scroll wheel at the other end of the cable, so you can disable the lights as necessary.

BuyInCoins Link

Edit: Just another note, the lense is not a fisheye lens, ie. it doesn't distort the image.
    I pointed it out the window into the distance and it's still a true image like a normal webcam.

regards,
    CD

Comments

Advertisement