Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Wine Offer 25% off any 6 bottles ** 1 week only **

Options
  • 22-10-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

Yes its back on again for one week only, until October 30th. 25% off any 6 bottles or more of wine or champagne. This discount replaces the usual 5% six bottle discount, but can be used with any wine already on offer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Oracle wrote: »
    Yes its back on again for one week only, until October 30th. 25% off any 6 bottles or more of wine or champagne. This discount replaces the usual 5% six bottle discount, but can be used with any wine already on offer.

Is this on a selected range only or???

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

Is this on a selected range only or???

Applies to all wine and champagne, including those already reduced. 25% is taken off the reduced price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Dunnes have got in on the act
    25%20off%20side%20banner.jpg

http://www.dunnesstores.ie/page.php?pid=871

Plus you get €5 back on your valuclub card if you spent €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Wine is such great value these days. No wonder we're second only to France consuming the stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Leslie91 wrote: »
    Wine is such great value these days. No wonder we're second only to France consuming the stuff.

I find this very hard to believe. Will you quote your source for this info please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

There was a red wine we decided to use for our wedding reduced from 23-10 already then we got it for 7.50 euro with 25% discount.
    Huge savings when we bought 48 bottles
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

T-Maxx wrote: »
    I find this very hard to believe. Will you quote your source for this info please?

According to this source (2010) we're way down the list.

Vatican City is top.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

pearsefitz wrote: »
    There was a red wine we decided to use for our wedding reduced from 23-10 already then we got it for 7.50 euro with 25% discount.
    Huge savings when we bought 48 bottles
    :)

What's the wine?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pearsefitz

Châteauneuf-Du-Pape:)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

It's a fantastic deal. I just bought 12 bottles of wine which were priced at EU7.00 each for EU63. All of these wines were already reduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

For anyone considering buying champagne, Heidsieck Dry Monopole is on offer at Tesco for €25, with the six bottle discount it's €18.75. That's an exceptional price for a quality, brand name champagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭TingTong

It says on that link that you gave that the offer is on until November 4th. Is it October 30th or November 4th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Said Oct 30th on the displays in my local Tesco tonight (Sunday).

TingTong wrote: »
    It says on that link that you gave that the offer is on until November 4th. Is it October 30th or November 4th?

Yes the leaflet is confusing. It's dated 22nd. October to 4th. November in large print on the front, but written in very small print directly below the wine descriptions and prices, it says "(Available from 23/10 until 30/10)"

Tesco regularly have offers within their leaflets, that have much shorter validity dates, than the dates on the leaflet cover. Other examples of this are the Meal Deal offer, or the Big Night In offer, they're often valid for a shorter time than the dates on the leaflet cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

does this apply to online orders? Put some in but no deduction in basket

• Registered Users Posts: 9,986 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Is November 4th not Guy Fawkes day in the UK? Its possible something got lost in translation between our Halloween and the British piss up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

Availed of this instore, best so far of my 3red,3white is Tesco Finest Rioja, reduced to 9yoyo anyway, then 6.75 after reduction from this deal.

** Bump ** Last day ** According to their advert in the Indo yesterday, Tesco have extended this by one day. So today is last day to avail of the 25% discount. **

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

only drink wine the odd time. any opinions on a fairly cheap nice red with this offer ?

Here's a few of the better ones ...

French
    • Chateauneuf de Pape was €10 now €12
    • Vacqueyras €8
    • Lussac Saint Emilion €10
    Italian
    • Piccini Chanti Riserva €8
    • Piccini Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva €8

.... less 25% for 6 bottles.

Although if you don't drink wine often, this Lidl Spanish Rioja wine is almost half the price of these, at €3.50 per bottle, when you buy 6 bottles: http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-9984A639-07CBF6BC/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/4182_25818.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

I can't believe they have an Organic Montepulciano at €9 I didn't see that yesterday, would be worth trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭The Mulk

2smiggy wrote: »
    only drink wine the odd time. any opinions on a fairly cheap nice red with this offer ?

For an intro red, try McGuigans Cabernet Sauvignon very drinkable @ €7.

Piccini Memoro as mentioned above and a Valopicelli Ripasso 'Aristicratico' @ €10 is great value too.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Dunnes have the Torres reduced to €7 a bottle .. 25% off makes it €5.25 per bottle when buying 6 ... fantastic price for it .. I've paid almost €14 in the past for it .. really lovely wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭madanall

Here's a few of the better ones ...

French
    • Chateauneuf de Pape was €10 now €12
    • Vacqueyras €8
    • Lussac Saint Emilion €10
    Italian
    • Piccini Chanti Riserva €8
    • Piccini Montepulciano d'Abruzzo Riserva €8

.... less 25% for 6 bottles.

Although if you don't drink wine often, this Lidl Spanish Rioja wine is almost half the price of these, at €3.50 per bottle, when you buy 6 bottles: http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-9984A639-07CBF6BC/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/4182_25818.htm

Great offer on the Chateauneuf Du Pape :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭teddy12

Can believe I missed this offer, was planning on getting wine for wedding!!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

teddy12 wrote: »
    Can believe I missed this offer, was planning on getting wine for wedding!!!!! :(

afaik M&S have the 25% on for a couple of weeks too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

teddy12 wrote: »

When's the wedding? This is a very regular offer in Tesco - at least every couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

is tesco wine offer over tomorrow, sat nov 2nd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Advertisement