Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels in Limerick?

Options
  • 22-10-2012 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for a boarding kennel for next weekend, in or around Limerick city, just wondering if anyone here has used any and would have any recommendations, and could give me an idea of price?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hey,

I've only ever boarded our cat! There's Alpha Boarding kennels for cats and dogs +35361354153 Killaloe Rd,Clonlara and there's Jockeyhall Boarding Kennels & Cattery in Crecora +35361320052..
    Both are well run ..you're looking at about €8/night for a cat, not sure what they would charge for a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Ours are heading to Annesgrove for the weekend. http://www.goldenpages.ie/annesgrove-dog-boarding-kennels-killaloe/1/

Its in a lovely location and the dogs are very well looked after. If I was reincarnated as a dog, in another existence, this is where I'd like to be kennelled.

As far as I remember, the charge is €15 per day. But the dogs get walked every day and have an exercise yard. There is underfloor heating. Very importantly, you get to see the kennels and the owner is nuts about dogs.

Just to say, in terms of location, head out to Barry's Cross then turn right for Killaloe (right off the main road, then right again at the junction). Then you drive for a mile or so and its on the left on a bend near the canal (which is on your right). Its a lovely old Victorian House with electric gates. Beautiful place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

I haven't used them myself but when I was looking I was recommended jockey hall in crecora, think they were about 10 per night

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Narsil

moby2101 wrote: »
    Hey,

I've only ever boarded our cat! There's Alpha Boarding kennels for cats and dogs +35361354153 Killaloe Rd,Clonlara and there's Jockeyhall Boarding Kennels & Cattery in Crecora +35361320052..
    Both are well run ..you're looking at about €8/night for a cat, not sure what they would charge for a dog.

We have used both but I would never trust Alpha Boarding Kennels again as they wouldn't let us see where our cat was being kept. Bad vibes from them

Can't say enough good things about Jockey Hall though, they are wonderful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Looking for a boarding kennel for next weekend, in or around Limerick city, just wondering if anyone here has used any and would have any recommendations, and could give me an idea of price?

Thanks!
    Abbey boarding, lisnagry, Dexter is a regular guest, never a bad experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I've always used Jockey hall

• Registered Users Posts: 1 unpapillon

Hello, I saw a puppy for sale on done deal and when I called the lady asked me to send her a deposit, even 20 euros in order to secure the puppy. Is that normal practise? as she is from Limerick and I live in Dublin, I feel quite exposed to just being robbed. Any idea how to check this person out to ensure she is honest? thanks for your suggestion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

zuroph wrote: »
    Abbey boarding, lisnagry, Dexter is a regular guest, never a bad experience

what type of dog is dexter? i think ive heard his name been banded about out there. we bring our golden lab teddy out there. that been said we havent been out there in awhile now. might be before christmas but we frequented the place before then. almost every weekend.

abbey boarding kennel is amazing. garreth who is the owner there is lovely and very friendly. very good feeling about the place. you see where your dog is going to be staying and everything. teddy has often sulked when he has to leave the poor thing. seems to love it there

http://www.abbeyboardingkennels.com/index.html

the price use to be 10 euro per day that the dog is there. dont know if its gone up or not since. also not sure if there is a discount for having two dogs or what the rates are for cats.

anyway id recommend garreth to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

unpapillon wrote: »
    Hello, I saw a puppy for sale on done deal and when I called the lady asked me to send her a deposit, even 20 euros in order to secure the puppy. Is that normal practise? as she is from Limerick and I live in Dublin, I feel quite exposed to just being robbed. Any idea how to check this person out to ensure she is honest? thanks for your suggestion

stay away from donedeal. Are you looking for a papillon puppy?
    Contact the breed club to find a reputable breeder. http://www.ikc.ie/papillon-phalene-club-ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Dan Meskell in Castleconnell - a gent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Have used Abbey kennels Lisnagry last few times & we are very happy with the service, price is now €12 a day or 15 if any treatment is necessary e.g. insulin injection but I feel it is worth it

Advertisement