Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Economics Food Assignment HELP NEEDED

Options
  • 22-10-2012 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me. What is the difference between the work plan and the implementation? Is there a certain layout when writing out the implementation also?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

The work plan is only a brief plan that will say what you are going to do, the idea is you follow this when making your dish example. chop the vegetables , turn the heat to medium etc make them short!
    Then the implementation must be like the work plan but fully explained in detail! It should be in the correct order of how you make the dish ,you would say i diced the vegetables / peppers,carrots into slices with a sharp knife on a white chopping board. the implementation must have 2 key factors, 1 safety and 1 hygiene factor. Key factors are things you must do to make sure it turns out right ,example , i put salt in with the pasta to prevent it sticking together. :)
    Also the work plan is like a recipe telling you what to do , chop the veg but the implementation is how you did it (already done) i chopped the vegetables

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gfel

amyleaving wrote: »
    The work plan is only a brief plan that will say what you are going to do, the idea is you follow this when making your dish example. chop the vegetables , turn the heat to medium etc make them short!
    Then the implementation must be like the work plan but fully explained in detail! It should be in the correct order of how you make the dish ,you would say i diced the vegetables / peppers,carrots into slices with a sharp knife on a white chopping board. the implementation must have 2 key factors, 1 safety and 1 hygiene factor. Key factors are things you must do to make sure it turns out right ,example , i put salt in with the pasta to prevent it sticking together. :)
    Also the work plan is like a recipe telling you what to do , chop the veg but the implementation is how you did it (already done) i chopped the vegetables

Ah ok thankyou!

So is there a particular way the implementation should be written? My teacher said that the steps must be in different colour to the key factors or something? Did you do the same thing or is everyone layout different? :)

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

depending on the dish, sometimes there is a lot to be written up on the implementation page (and handy for those whose writing script is large) don't waste space by putting a heading on one line and going down to the next line to start writing - just put the heading in colour or underline and continue writing on the same line (hope that makes sense)
    make sure the workplan has reference to both setting up and evaluation as well as the the main points as to how to make the dish..
    as for the implmentation page, just write in lots of detail (avoid writing 'i put all the ingredients into the pot' . .. say what exactly you put in etc) make sure to give the oven temp or hob - high/low/medium etc and the time .. serve it at the end (but don't say you served it #with a side salad#if you didn't) ... and make sure the key factor is about physically making the dish a success e.g.. stirring the pot so the 'xxx' doesn't burn' as opposed to say 'using low fat milk to reduce the fat content' -- that doen't make a physical difference to the outcome of the dish (again hope that makes sense) and make the safety and hygiene relevant to the dish you are making and try not to repeat the same one over all the assignments...
    pm if you have any other questions !

Advertisement