Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blackberry tablet in pc world

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭donalh087

viztopia wrote: »
    from €3170 to €179

WOW, 95% saving !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Deesy

Be aware. This is not android tablet. This is QNX based tablet. Still great OS but not 100% Android compatible ASAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,150 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You can buy a 10" Android tablet cheaper than that...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

So would this be a good buy just to watch films and tv programmes on? Mostly avi's and mkv's! The 64gb is a huge plus for me!

branners69 wrote: »
    So would this be a good buy just to watch films and tv programmes on? Mostly avi's and mkv's! The 64gb is a huge plus for me!

Its certainly very good capacity for the money.

Regards video playback, the screen is very nice, most 'cheapy' Android tablets use crappy TN panels that look sh*t and have narrow viewing angles. And most 'cheap' tablets feel cheap...this feels like an expensive tablet which of course it was before the price cuts.

AVI with MP3 is fine, but AC3 audio is not supported. Same for MKV, it'll play x264 with AAC or MP3 but not AC3 or DTS.

Its a minor inconvenience, if you know what you're doing you can convert just the audio which is much quicker than converting the video as well.

Havent tried 1080p on it but high bitrate 720p x264 plays no bother. Great for WEB-DL rips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

branners69 wrote: »

If it were me I'd get one of the new Nexus 7 tablets that are coming out on the 29th with 32Gb of memory for about €250. The current 16Gb ones are supposed to be dropping in price as well.

Better supported, good screen and while its not 64Gb its not too bad for storing local large media files. Combine it with a plex server and you can stream to it. I don't know what the media support is like for the blackberry one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

The playbook isnt half bad and the price is pretty good. There is a thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056744166 where some users are chatting about it. I have little knowledge of the Nexus so won't comment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

@ I Kill You Scum! - I can convert the audio no hassle if I need to. Most avi's are mp3 anyway, it would only be the MKVs I would need to convert. I have seen the screen and I was impressed with the sharpness of it.

@ machalla - I want this for watching in work and on the way to work. I am planning on getting a Nexus or a Kindle Fire HD for the house at Xmas!

@ omahaid - Cheers for the link, I'll have a read of it now but I reckon I will take a chance on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

There's a thread here about it, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056736713 (Same deal) goes into all the advantages/disadvantages

Advertisement