Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with mms on galaxy ace?

Options
  • 21-10-2012 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi all. Wife has a galaxy ace which she uses on pay as you go meteor. She tops up 20 per month for free calls texts etc. Problem is that she cannot recieve mms messages unless she is using packet data? Is this normal or are we doing something wrong. I thought it would work through wifi at home etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Hi all. Wife has a galaxy ace which she uses on pay as you go meteor. She tops up 20 per month for free calls texts etc. Problem is that she cannot recieve mms messages unless she is using packet data? Is this normal or are we doing something wrong. I thought it would work through wifi at home etc?

Its normal. Data must be on in order to be able to receive and send MMS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Its normal. Data must be on in order to be able to receive and send MMS
    Thanks. Probably a silly question in the first place.

Thanks. Probably a silly question in the first place.

Nop :) No problem

• Registered Users Posts: 31 jimmytom

Nop :) No problem

i cannot download mms messages with my samsung ace even with data packet turned on. would you have any idea as to what issue may be. thanks!

jimmytom wrote: »

i cannot download mms messages with my samsung ace even with data packet turned on. would you have any idea as to what issue may be. thanks!

Check your settings for data under wireless and networks 》Mobile data. Www.powermyphone.com has all Irish settings.

Also check with your network is internet provisioned to be used. If internet is on you should see an E icon or 3G/H icon beside coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Check your settings for data under wireless and networks 》Mobile data. Www.powermyphone.com has all Irish settings.

Also check with your network is internet provisioned to be used. If internet is on you should see an E icon or 3G/H icon beside coverage.

I have a similar issue with Vodafone whereby I never get the MMS to my Inbox, it always sends me a message saying it's waiting for me at the Vodafone Multimedia center and gives me a username\password to go and look at it :-(

Cheers,
    M

Advertisement