Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXTRACTING VOCALS FROM SONG

Options
  • 21-10-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

is there anyone who knows or who is willing to extract vocals from a song to use for acapella reasons

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 gavtim

Hi, if you're looking to pull vocals from audio that is the full song (e.g. your standard wav or mp3 file) that's actually v difficult to do with regular music production software. E.g. with extreme EQ'ing to isolate the presence range where the vocals are strongest, you will be compromising the vocals at the same time (chopping out high and low frequencies that are also part of the vocal) and even at that you are likely to still have some spillage. Unless you have the vocals on a separate track, or there's parts of the song where the vocals are happening pretty much in isolation, it'll be tricky...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Long, very long time ago i used Cool edit pro, and it worked to some extent.
    Unfortunately some other parts went with vocal, too.
    It still was impressive for me, as the rest of the track was audible, but not to an extent where you could use it professionally.
    Not sure if Adobe, who took over them, continued with this option.

Is it well known piece of music? If so there are easier ways to find a copy for acapella use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

Have a look on this site.

http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk/

you might find someone has already done a half decent effort on the track if there is no clean studio acapella available. I think you have to register to download.

Advertisement