Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords 18 piece Advanced Professional Socket Set 3/8

Options
  • 21-10-2012 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

I saw a socket set on UKHD and Halfords Ireland are doing this as well for €20. Seems like a good deal. I couldn't add a link from my phone but search for product code 926352.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

bromley52 wrote: »
    I saw a socket set on UKHD and Halfords Ireland are doing this as well for €20. Seems like a good deal. I couldn't add a link from my phone but search for product code 926352.

God damn it. Just bought a set in halfords yesterday. They were only 12 quid, but I would have liked that torque wrench.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_525109_langId_-1_categoryId_212410#tab2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

God damn it. Just bought a set in halfords yesterday. They were only 12 quid, but I would have liked that torque wrench.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_525109_langId_-1_categoryId_212410#tab2

These's no torque wrench in the set.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

54kroc wrote: »
    These's no torque wrench in the set.

Ah, i see, i had two links open and confused myself! That's grand so:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,117 ✭✭✭✭Esel

.... I would have liked that torque wrench.
    Someone posted that the Aldi one is now reduced to €12.99. Might not be available in all branches, but worth a call to their customer service desk who should be able to tell you availability in stores near you?

Not your ornery onager

Esel wrote: »
    Someone posted that the Aldi one is now reduced to €12.99. Might not be available in all branches, but worth a call to their customer service desk who should be able to tell you availability in stores near you?

I actually already have that one, was just on the look out for a cheapy small one, that would allow me to torque to 10nm

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You will get much better value in Lidl or Aldi,with regards socket sets and torque wrenches.

Halfords is overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭positron

I bought one of those 12 euro (Phaze 50 item socket set?) over the weekend too - and there's nothing wrong it, and worked really well for what I wanted to do (changing downpipes on a motorcycle). Although the 'professional' range at Halfords is supposed to be much better quality, and I read somewhere that it's rebranded 'Sealy' tools, which a very good make.

PS: Also looking for a torqure wrench in the 5nm to 30nm range. Also have the Aldi torque wrench.

PPS: Are you me?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

got the halfords set, was looking for a 3/8" as the 1/2" can be bulky.... Seems like a grand set.

Edit, got it in galway, was the last one on the shelf...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭scotchy

paddy147 wrote: »
    You will get much better value in Lidl or Aldi,with regards socket sets and torque wrenches.

Halfords is overpriced.

Sorry Paddy. I have to disagree. Halfords tools are way ahead of Aldi and Lidl. This is a great price for this set.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

I actually got this set on Saturday, before I saw this:

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_157387_langId_-1_categoryId_212410

Was replacing the rocker cover gasket on my car and needed a basic set. For 12 quid, it's grand, served me well for the job I needed it for. And to be honest, for 12 quid, had I thrown the whole set away after finishing the job I would still have been happy. Really can't argue with that price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭N17er

Even better value with a trade card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

All AXA members get 10% off in Halfords bring your AXA plus card or insurance disc at time of purchase (or your friends;))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

dickwod1 wrote: »
    All AXA members get 10% off in Halfords bring your AXA plus card or insurance disc at time of purchase (or your friends;))

Wouldn't bank on it with reduced stuff, last time they had the Castrol Magnatec for €20 they wouldn't give me the discount. Woodies do the same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

bmaxi wrote: »
    Wouldn't bank on it with reduced stuff, last time they had the Castrol Magnatec for €20 they wouldn't give me the discount. Woodies do the same.

Yep...RRP only.:rolleyes:

Advertisement