Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eamonn devalera photo signed?

Options
  • 21-10-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

anyone any idea the date this photo was from???
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Check the back, it may have additional details.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jim1989

it just has a red ink stamp that reads "irish press copyright" and a pencil mark which reads "1280p" ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

I would think it dates from near the end of his time as President - 1973 or close to that date.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I would think it dates from near the end of his time as President - 1973 or close to that date.

His hair is way too dark for it to be 1973, I'd say that photo is from the 1940s.

This photo is from 1958, the year before he became president...

031704.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

coylemj wrote: »
    His hair is way too dark for it to be 1973, I'd say that photo is from the 1940s.

This photo is from 1958, the year before he became president...

Your quite right - I was only going on my own fading memories of watching him on TV back in the 1970s and he was very old and feeble then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jim1989

thanks for replies. hmmm so it looks like the 40's?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Jazbee

Hi, I have a photo of him dated 1930 (not possible to post as in a book, original in archives), looks about 10/15 years older in your one. Am sure there are photo archives which could help you date it? Maybe national archives or historical societies?
    Was funny to see your post as I was just looking at the book that holds the poc today!

Advertisement