Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

oxygen energy recovery.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Have emailed them asking for a link to the scientific proof. Sounds like a great mattress. Magical recovery powers & helps build strength. Brilliant! Can cut back on the planned cross training for the winter :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭longshank

peter kern wrote: »
    looks like this is a must for everybody ;-)
    oxygen energy recovery, strenght building etc matrasse
    havent quite figured out what oxygen energy recovery means ....
    so very curious

http://www.deskelly.ie/index.php?route=product/product&path=3_16_167&product_id=2341

well isn't sleep the most important part of recovery!!!

I know that Peter probably started the thread in a tongue-in-cheek fashion but my cusiorsity was piqued by the mattress claims.

Got the attached pdf from Des Kelly about Holofiber this afternoon.

A little bit of digging and found that a lot of the Holofiber claims are backed up by science.

However, the science bit seems to be a bit skewed (like the recent discussion about compression wear) and the claims for sports recovery are a leap of faith as the condition of the test subjects involved chronic foot pain.

Effect of Holofiber Socks and Bedding on Pain and Quality of Sleep in Subjects With Chronic Foot Pain

Interesting if you like your sciency stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Holofiber is a patented process for adding micron sized optically active quartz, aluminum oxide and titanium oxide particles to polymer yarns. It is believed that the Holofiber particles increase skin illumination such that pigments and other enzymes are activated, leading to increased blood flow and oxygenation of the skin and neighboring soft tissues.

oh dear lord

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

RayCun wrote: »
    oh dear lord

It's the same kind of science as those hologram bracelets isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I saw super duper DOUBLE STRAND hologram bracelets for sale in my local leisure centre, for the bargain price of 24.95. And some club members in my club wear those kinds of bracelet. I should send them a link to the mattresses, really.
    I'm sure they'd love a bit of oxygen energy recovery.

Turns out "oxygen energy recovery" is a typo. Should be "oxygen, energy, recovery".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

thats a pity i already started writing a book about Oxygen energy recvoery SBR sessions as i really like the ring and BS factor of the phrase.

with that guy as goast writer
    Holofiber is a patented process for adding micron sized optically active quartz, aluminum oxide and titanium oxide particles to polymer yarns. It is believed that the Holofiber particles increase skin illumination such that pigments and other enzymes are activated, leading to increased blood flow and oxygenation of the skin and neighboring soft tissues.

I cant see how I could not be the new tri guru ;-)

Go for it Peter! You'll be worth a fortune, getting one of these mattresses will be the 'must have' gadget for 2013 and a handbook on how to achieve the best recovery results would be perfect.

Advertisement