Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Mixing/Recording Headphones

Options
  • 20-10-2012 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi!

Just looking for some advice, my brother is really into music and is in a band, he asked me to get him some good mixing/recording headphones, i'm fairly clueless about that kind of thing could anybody suggest some good and reasonably priced ones i could get?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Capstone Beats

sony mdr 7509hd headphones

Hope this helps

<snip>

Have a look at the rules, we don't allow advertising on this forum. Thanks.

- rcaz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

As always, I'll recommend these: Sennheiser HD 25-SP II

They're going to be around €200 (which is reasonably priced in the sense that it's cheap compared to the quality of the product - so in other words great value, but understandably may be out of budget)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

I'd recommend the superlux range on thomann great value for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnRyanatd

I would go to xmusic they will guide you previously I purchased a guitar for my son from thomann, it arrived in bits and Thomann were simply terrible to deal with I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, they are not nice people

smythy333 wrote: »
    Hi!

Just looking for some advice, my brother is really into music and is in a band, he asked me to get him some good mixing/recording headphones, i'm fairly clueless about that kind of thing could anybody suggest some good and reasonably priced ones i could get?

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I would go to xmusic they will guide you previously I purchased a guitar for my son from thomann, it arrived in bits and Thomann were simply terrible to deal with I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, they are not nice people

That's surprising, considering anyone else that I know of that has gotten faulty goods from Thomann have found them pretty hassle free and prompt to deal with. The fact that this your first post makes me a tad suspicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 JohnRyanatd

That's not unreasonable and I would be glad to show you the evidence should you wish I've posted under my name and to use I'm genuine jr

That's surprising, considering anyone else that I know of that has gotten faulty goods from Thomann have found them pretty hassle free and prompt to deal with. The fact that this your first post makes me a tad suspicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Only ever heard glowing reports about Thomann's customer service, surprised to see someone holding Xmusic up as paragons of pleasant customer service too...

Wouldn't recommend the Sennheisers for the use he'll be putting them to, they're amazing headphones (I have a pair for DJ stuff and refuse to use anything else) but they're not really studio headphones in that they don't have a flat frequency response.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Wouldn't recommend the Sennheisers for the use he'll be putting them to, they're amazing headphones (I have a pair for DJ stuff and refuse to use anything else) but they're not really studio headphones in that they don't have a flat frequency response.
    Fair point; maybe the HD650 would be better for mixing/recording, although I suppose there are those who'll say headphones are a bad idea for mixing/recording altogether, and one should invest in near-field monitors instead..
    I don't mind using the HD25SPs because I've had them for so long that I'm comfortable with how well I know their behaviour.

Advertisement