Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This seasons breakout players

Options
  • 20-10-2012 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭

Who will breakout in the NBA this?

My predictions : Gordan Hayward
    Kenneth Farried
    Goran Dragic
    Greg Monroe
    Klay Thompson
    Kawhi Leonard

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

I'll tell ya after the draft ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dragic would be one of my picks too. I'd also go for OJ Mayo, Evan Turner, Gordon Hayward and with starters minutes in Houston, Omar Asik is another primed for a decent season IMO.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Dragic is gonna be great with Gortat, Scola and Beasley.

I think Derrick Williams will be solid for the Twolves this year, pekovic as well.

Watch out for Darko to potentially be a good fit with the Celtics ! :O Apparently he's looked great in the offseason, running like no 7 footer should run. His mental state has changed too, he's no longer trying to reach no.2 overall standard, just trying to play solid team basketball. I for one hope that does succeed. It'd be a great story considering he wanted to leave for Europe a few years ago before the Timberwolves gave him a mini revival with the starting center job for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Dragic is gonna be great with Gortat, Scola and Beasley.

I think Derrick Williams will be solid for the Twolves this year, pekovic as well.

Watch out for Darko to potentially be a good fit with the Celtics ! :O Apparently he's looked great in the offseason, running like no 7 footer should run. His mental state has changed too, he's no longer trying to reach no.2 overall standard, just trying to play solid team basketball. I for one hope that does succeed. It'd be a great story considering he wanted to leave for Europe a few years ago before the Timberwolves gave him a mini revival with the starting center job for a while.

Darko waived 2 on Wednesday...

buyer95 wrote: »
    Darko waived 2 on Wednesday...

Not due to performance (They had been struggling to find minutes for him, not to the extent that require he be waived though) , and by the players request. His mother is quite ill in Serbia and he wants to move back to be with her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Not due to performance (They had been struggling to find minutes for him, not to the extent that require he be waived though) , and by the players request. His mother is quite ill in Serbia and he wants to move back to be with her.

Still though he was hardly having a breakout year before his mother falling ill. I can't imagine that we will ever see him in an nba again

buyer95 wrote: »
    Still though he was hardly having a breakout year before his mother falling ill. I can't imagine that we will ever see him in an nba again

If he wants to be back, he will be back. Pretty much impossible to judge a players season on three weeks of play.

Advertisement