Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

right fancy mouse repeller???

Options
  • 20-10-2012 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone give me a few ideas of what shop in Limerick sells electronic mouse repellers?

I'm looking for one that is Ionic, Ultrasonic and Electromagnetic.

Woodies have an ultrasonic one and Argos one that is ultrasonic and electromagnetic.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

in my experance they dont work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

i would agree with the above saying they dont work. if you dont want to kill the mouse/ mice get a non lethal trap. they do work.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get a cat. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The ultrasound ones don't work, bleach soaked bread/cheese should get rid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,122 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The ultrasound ones don't work, bleach soaked bread/cheese should get rid of them.

The thing with that and the likes of poison is that they will die somewhere close by that could be in a hard to reach place such as under floor boards, etc and eventually stink the place up. A trap is a much effective method in the long run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

I am assuming the traps that don't kill are available in the petshops ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

I am assuming the traps that don't kill are available in the petshops ya?

Or maybe a no trespassing sign?

Just get a proper trap and be done with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

The Ionic and electromagnetic yokes sound like pure spoof!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Poison isn't an option and the mouse isn't going for the traps.

My friend has offered the use of her cat already, but it will be a couple of weeks before I have enough time off to go and collect it.

This is why I need to try the fancy repellers.

The same number of people recommend them as tell me they don't work so I have to try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Try putting pieces of cooked sausage meat on the traps. I was told to do that years ago and it has always worked a treat.

Also put out the traps where you know the mouse is hanging about.

ps. if you have a toaster on the counter with crumbs in it, you may want to get a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Try putting pieces of cooked sausage meat on the traps. I was told to do that years ago and it has always worked a treat.

Also put out the traps where you know the mouse is hanging about.

ps. if you have a toaster on the counter with crumbs in it, you may want to get a new one.

they also love cooked rashers !!!!

(secure with a piece of twine so that have to give it a good tug)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

I live in an old house with mouse problems 2-3 times a year.The only thing I find effective is the timber mouse traps,I buy them in Barrys on High street.I use peanut butter or a bit of rasher tied with thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Thanks for the responses, guys.

Poison isn't an option and the mouse isn't going for the traps.

My friend has offered the use of her cat already, but it will be a couple of weeks before I have enough time off to go and collect it.

This is why I need to try the fancy repellers.

The same number of people recommend them as tell me they don't work so I have to try.

The electronic repellents are worthless. Their range is very limited and unless the plug socket you use is at floor level and there is nothing that can block it's signal (chair legs, table legs, counters, walls etc) then they won't bother a mouse.

Even under ideal condition they only discourage a mouse once or twice before the mouse gets used to it.

To give you an idea, I once put some peanut butter onto one that was at floor level and then watched a mouse seek out the grub and eat it off of the still switched on "repellent"

You will be wasting your money and electricity imho. Much better (and more effective) to get a humane trap, leave it down for a few days in a room that the mice use so they get used to it, then bait it and remove the mice as they get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

you might also want to consider how they got in. they can squeeze through an opening the size of a biro so filling cracks is the only way to stop them in the long run.

if you cant find out how thye are getting around, you can buy uv dust that they walk around the house, then you shine a light on it and find out where they are hiding and getting in and out.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

I remember listening to a BBC radio programme a couple of years ago where mice had to be released more than a mile from where they were trapped for fear they would return.The problem with releasing is that they become somebody elses problem and at the rate that they multiply I would rather kill the feckers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

subway wrote: »
    if you cant find out how thye are getting around, you can buy uv dust that they walk around the house, then you shine a light on it and find out where they are hiding and getting in and out.
    Does it come with a snazzy suit, sunglasses and a ginger wig?
    YEAAHHHHHH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

langdang wrote: »
    Does it come with a snazzy suit, sunglasses and a ginger wig?
    YEAAHHHHHH!
    would be worhtless if it didnt haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

bazz26 wrote: »
    Get a cat. :)
    Miaow:pac:

Advertisement